Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time Machine devices

Options
  • 13-02-2017 5:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm in the market for a new Time Machine backup device and currently considering a few options.

Just wondering - is Apple's still the best solution to go with or are there any others with Time Machine support that are worth considering?

Bought a NAS device last year to cater for this but after 10 or so consecutive TM backups it'd always end up corrupt and needing a fresh setup. Useless.

Want something I can rely on. Only thing (price is annoying but I'll pay if it's good) is the included router in Apple's Time Capsule. I've a good setup already so feel I'd be paying extra something I don't need.

Any advice/recommendations would be hugely appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

I had three Macs backing up to a hard drive connected to an AirPort Extreme but it's been flakey recently. Instead I went for a small usb3 hard drive plugged into the back of two of the machines (both iMacs) with the other machine (a MacBook) backing up to one of the hard drives connected to the iMacs wirelessly. So far, so good.

Advertisement