Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reputable horse/pony dealers?

Options
  • 13-02-2017 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

Hello,
    I am moving to Ireland this year and will be finally buying my long awaited pony/horse. However, I have no idea where to look! I'm not in a hurry as finding the right horse is priority but I'd like to do some research and find reputable dealers. I'd be looking for a big pony or a small horse, safe and reliable. Does anyone know of any good dealers around the country?
    Would appreciate any advice!
    Many thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,465 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Jim Derwin , Athlone, Co Westmeath would be one of the best known.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭isaos

Hello Sarahsan,
    Like everywhere there are a lot of good and bad dealers.. also a lot of small breeders around the country.I know a lovely and honest breeder near me in Kenmare, Kerry, but it depends where you plan living? Try talking to horse owners, go and visit yards, don't rush the process! What size of of horse or pony are you looking for? what kind of age? Do you do show jumping, eventing, hunters, dressage, treck? Avoid horses supermarkets... :D
    I will PM you my phone number and email in case I can help

Advertisement