Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good bye starter kit

Options
  • 13-02-2017 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭

Ok so i started vaping to quit smoking,and boy has it worked so well,but ive got in to vaping so much,so ill keep my 2 pockex for the quit smoking side of things,for the next while anyway,but i want "the next level" kit..so what says you? i was thinking the Smok Alien?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭chipfox

Smok make great pieces of kit. I used the TFV4 tank for the guts of a year. I wouldn't get too bogged down into the model. A tank with good coils and a mod that goes up to 60w would probably be the ideal range for an upgrade from a pen vape. Temperature mode is pretty handy too

Don't bother starting off with some 200 watt 6 coil madness it's too much too fast. Find something you like the look of by Kangertech, Joytech, Eleaf or Smok and post it here and we can advise after that

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

My current mod and what I'd suggest, would be a Innokin Coolfire 4 100 TC mod. It covers all coil types and with 100 watts you can use more of the newer tanks coming that hit higher wattage's.

Don't know why I forgot Innokin, I have two Coolfire IVs and it's all I've used for the last 3 months. Great value mods

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

The Smok G-Priv touch screen 220w & TC is the best touch screen out there & can fit a 25mm tank with no over hang,the menu is very easy to use & has TCR config,the built-in charger works perfect,a little dearer than some 220w mods but worth it in the end...

http://esmaugireland.com/product/smok-g-priv-220w-tc-mod/

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭lolokeogh

some excellent advice so far folks,and much appreciated

• Advertisement

whats about the Kangertech TopBox Mini Kit?

That was pretty much what I started off with, except I had no top fill. I found it was a great little tank and used it for over a year.

The 0.5ohm coils are great and the RBA section lets you build your own so you never need to get coils. I'd say definitely buy an extra piece of glass for it if it doesn't already come with it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

lolokeogh wrote: »
    whats about the Kangertech TopBox Mini Kit?

I'v not used the mod but the Top Tank mini that comes with it is pretty damm good and I'v used one as my daily driver for a couple of months now. However, the paint quality is crap and flakes off very easily and the coil types it uses can be hard to get.

The mod from what I'v see of it in real life is kinda tall which from a carrying around with you point of view would be a negative in my mind. What I love about the Cool Fire 4 is its only a tad wider than the old 10 pack's of ciggies so very portable.

ok folks heres just a few i was looking at online today

Eleaf Istick 100w Mod

Wismec Reuleaux Mini 80w TC Mod

Wismec RX200 Mod

Kangertech KBOX 200w Mod

Eleaf Ipower 80w\5000mAh Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Would you consider something outside of the standard mod type? I have a Stick V8 as a handy runaround, it's a thing of beauty. Worth considering.

EDIT- WRONG LINK

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

ok folks heres just a few i was looking at online today

Eleaf Istick 100w Mod

Wismec Reuleaux Mini 80w TC Mod

Wismec RX200 Mod

Kangertech KBOX 200w Mod

Eleaf Ipower 80w\5000mAh Mod

I Can recommend 2 of them on your list,never tried the others...

I have 3 x Wismec Reuleaux Mini 80w TC Mod & have been working perfectly in TC & Power mode,the built-in battery life is pretty good for an 80w mod http://cigreen.com/en/box-mods/628-wismec-reuleaux-rxmini-80w-mod-only.html

I have 8 x Wismec RX200 or the RX200S Mod,another great mod,had these for nearly a year now,you will need a charger as there are 3 x 18650 batteries in these & they are quite heavy,ideal for home use.

You will also need a tank,are you a Mouth to Lung (MTL) vapor or a Direct Lung (DL) vapor...

direct lung,jasis i remember when i first went to a vape shop the lad asked me the same,i thought he was taking the pi*s...lol

Forgot to ask,a rebuildable or a stock coil tank...

Forgot to ask,a rebuildable or a stock coil tank...

no rebuildable...ill leave that for a later date..

no rebuildable...ill leave that for a later date..

Here's an excellent set-up & it has a built-in charger that works great,only takes 1 x 18650,use "irishvape" for 10% off....
    http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/vv-mods/685-eleaf-istick-pico-75w-kit.html

Another great set-up,only SS colour left,the Alien with the baby beast,fantastic DL tank with loads of clouds,you'll be vaping between 50w & 100w with this tank,it does guzzel juice but great,you need to make your own juice or use your American Express:D:D:D
    The Alien takes 2 x 18650 batteries & a brilliant built-in charger,use "boards" for 10% off...
    http://e-smokeireland.com/product/smok-alien-kit/

If you buy either,don't forget to buy spare coils & batteries...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I would opt for the new AL85 [Alien mini] over the Pico, as it'll take 24-25mm tanks, and is better looking/better LCD.

I still love my Alien 220w. The first one I had died, and suffered a bit of the infamous paint chipping, but since I got this replacement 2 months ago, it's been hassle free. Not a spec on it, still looks new. And I'm using it daily, goes into my camera bag everywhere I go, hardly babied, and not one scratch. I think they improved on the paint job with later versions. This one was the express kit [no tank in the box]

okso won a few bobs on a scratch card,so i legged to the vape shop like charlie running to the shop for a golden ticket,did not want to jump to far ahead so i bought.......
    i stick power....80 w
    and an aspire atlantis tank

okso won a few bobs on a scratch card,so i legged to the vape shop like charlie running to the shop for a golden ticket,did not want to jump to far ahead so i bought.......
    i stick power....80 w
    and an aspire atlantis tank

Nice one,they say the ipower is a great mod,what version is the Atlantis...

The Atlantis was my first sub ohm tank, loved it :) not used the iPower but I hear they're pretty good.

• Advertisement

Nice one,they say the ipower is a great mod,what version is the Atlantis...

its the atlantis evo youdipstick..yeah sure ill see what its like,it didnt cost me anything..

The Evo is the up to date version, should be good. Looks very like the Cleito, which is still one of my favorite tanks.

its the atlantis evo youdipstick..yeah sure ill see what its like,it didnt cost me anything..

Never tried the evo,had the V1 & V2,great coils....let us know how you get on with it & don't forget to prime the new coil...

The Evo is the up to date version, should be good. Looks very like the Cleito, which is still one of my favorite tanks.

I think the triton coils fit the Evo & vice versa...

I think the triton coils fit the Evo & vice versa...

Yeah, or original Atlantis coils or Sense Herakles [non pro] coils do too.

cheers for all the feedback folks,its much appreciated..ill get this thing going now soon,im sure ill be back soon with some questions...lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭kingaaa

When you go for the build-your-own tank, take a look at the OBS engine range...I have an Engine, Engine Mini, and an Engine Nano on the way - piece of p**s to wick, leakproof and for a top airflow tank, they out-perform most of the bottom-airflow tanks out there.

lolokeogh make sure you fill the tank and let it sit for a bit. Don't want to burn the cotton in those coils

ok folks 2 days in and i love it,savage taste of the juices,perfect for me,no idea what i was thinking 200 watts when i dont even half push this thing..did not know they set fire alarms of though...lol..

• Advertisement
Advertisement