Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Debit Card for Student

• 13-02-2017 10:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,600 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    We're looking to open a student account for our 14YO daughter, we're longterm BOI customers. We notice that with BOI I can only arrange an ATM card as she is under 16 - is this correct. 
    AIB allow a debit card on student accounts with co-signiture from parents.

We would really rather stay with BOI if possible.

Thanks..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

_Brian wrote: »
    Hi,
    We're looking to open a student account for our 14YO daughter, we're longterm BOI customers. We notice that with BOI I can only arrange an ATM card as she is under 16 - is this correct. 
    AIB allow a debit card on student accounts with co-signiture from parents.

We would really rather stay with BOI if possible.

Thanks..
    Hi _Brian, thanks for getting in touch.

With our 2nd level student account, account-holders aged 14 years and older can apply for a visa debit card. For account-holders under 18 we need the consent of a parent or guardian.

You can find out more about our 2nd level account here and if you’re registered for 365 Online you’ll be able to apply for the account there online too.

I hope this helps, let me know if you've any other questions, thanks.
    Nicola

Advertisement