Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online piano tutorial chords or visual aid

Options
  • 13-02-2017 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi,
    I can't read music at all. I'm looking to learn some piano chords. Can anyone recommend a good simple online video tutorial or else/also a an image of piano chords kind of like the way you can get guitar tabs? I'm finding understanding chords and how to make them very hard and thought maybe if I knew a few main chords I could figure out a few songs? Thanks. L

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭PopSensyDad

Hi,

I cannot attach a URL/image because I am new user here, but how about searching "Piano chord chart" in Google image? I found the piano chord chart on 8notes.com pretty nice.

Just for your long future, as a man enjoying music too, I write the rest.

You will not be able to avail "study" to gain a systematic in-depth understanding. Use books/www describing scales, intervals, whatever for complex chords like CΦ7(b9)/F.

But, how about just counting number of notes in chords for a while. You won't forget to count black keys. Forget the colour.

Like, in case of the minor chord, the middle note is the 4th note from the lowest (lowest as the 1st), and the top note is the 8th. 1-4-8 Always.

Fm : F, Ab, C
    > F(1) F#/Gb(two) G(three) G#/Ab(4) A(five) A#/Bb(six) B(seven) C(8)
    > by the way, Ab is the 3rd note in F minor scale. C is the 5th in the scale.

Abm : Ab, B, Eb
    > G#/Ab(1) A(two) A#/Bb(three) B(4) C(five) C#/Db(six) D(seven) D#/Eb(8)
    > Cb is the 3rd note in Ab minor scale, which is the same sound as B. Eb is the 5th.

Sus 1-6-8 so on. Soon you will say good bye for the chart. Good luck.

Advertisement