Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards changed on my phone!

Options
  • 13-02-2017 11:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭

Hi.

For some reason the way boards was displayed on my phone has changed over the last couple of days to where the front page has lost things like the Thanks tab. Is there any way to get it back

I hate change!!! 😥

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

What version of the site is being displayed? Maybe post the URL here.
    Also, what OS & browser are you using?

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Were you using the full site on your phone before? If you scroll to the bottom of the page it's possible to change the version of the site that you're using. Could you attach a screenshot?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Also, if you have set up a VPN on your phone for accessing certain content, or if you're in another country, you may be seeing the international version.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭BrianJD

I am using this at the moment. I don't remember what I was using. I didn't change the webpage I went in to as it's a link on my home screen. I am using safari on an iphone 7.

http://touch.boards.ie

I tried to access boards over the weekend but I was getting an error 404 page but I assumed it was because I was abroad using wifi.

I've tried the full page link at the bottom and that wasn't the way I it was yet it looks more like it. I'll get used to the new layout I suppose.

I am using this at the moment. I don't remember what I was using. I didn't change the webpage I went in to as it's a link on my home screen. I am using safari on an iphone 7.

http://touch.boards.ie

I tried to access boards over the weekend but I was getting an error 404 page but I assumed it was because I was abroad using wifi.

I've tried the full page link at the bottom and that wasn't the way I it was yet it looks more like it. I'll get used to the new layout I suppose.

• Advertisement

Were you using the full site on your phone before? If you scroll to the bottom of the page it's possible to change the version of the site that you're using. Could you attach a screenshot?

I'm getting this error now

Boards.ie Employee

Could you try incognito mode and see if that helps please?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,952 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Yeah i got that a week or so ago, including the 404 in response to all home page links.

I found there was a link in the very bottom footer to go back to the old version. Fixed it for me.

Could you try incognito mode and see if that helps please?

Going private seems to have worked and now I think it's fine even taking it off private mode.
    This is the layout I was used to and looking for. Thanks Mark!

Boards.ie Employee

Ah, I see! That's m.boards.ie - if this happens again, I would advise clearing the cache and hopefully that will sort you out.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement