Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Audi A6 2005 tdi - Electronic parking brake problem after disc change

• 14-02-2017 10:03am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks,

swapped out discs and pads all round on the car recently. I used an Autel diagnostic unit that I have which has the EPB rewind function. All went well. Apart from the EPB now throwing both flashing dash and EPB button lights. EPB obviously does not function. Now I rarely used it anyway, but it did work prior to the works and will need it repaired anyway. Looking online (Rosstech), they do have very detailed info for the above procedure so I was wondering...... would a VCDS be able to "recalibrate" the system ?

I'm bring optimistic but hopeful that there was no damage caused during the job. All went swimmingly, on the face of it. Never had to force any caliper as they rewound sufficiently for an easy switch of components.

TIA.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭George Dalton

You need to "open" the parking brake via diagnostics before the pad change and "close" it after the pads are fitted. Did you do the second step?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

You need to "open" the parking brake via diagnostics before the pad change and "close" it after the pads are fitted. Did you do the second step?

Hi George, thanks very much for chiming in. Its a Autel VAG505 tool which does (did) open and close the rear calipers. Obviously unwound via the device for initial removal and now you have me re: the closing of same :o (cannot recall if I carried out the close on the device) . Its been a few weeks. Braking is functioning fine. ABS also.

Assuming I did not carry out the 2nd step, and cannot communicate with the EPB on the Autel now, would a VCDS be the logical next step?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭George Dalton

Yes I'd say so.

Yes I'd say so.

Thanks you Sir. How I only wish you were based closer to Blanchardstown Shopping Centre :)

Anyone recommend a good indy in the D15 area?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭tossy

There are plenty of people around with VCDS, i'm in Kildare if you are stuck i've done this recently enough on a passat. Neilw is in North Dublin he has VCDS also - drop him a pm either.

tossy wrote: »
    There are plenty of people around with VCDS, i'm in Kildare if you are stuck i've done this recently enough on a passat. Neilw is in North Dublin he has VCDS also - drop him a pm either.

Cheers Tossy, I'll PM Neilw. Many thanks.

Advertisement