Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC - vodafone change to VOIP

Options
  • 14-02-2017 10:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭

Hey gang, before I contact my supplier/installer, vodafone yesterday did the switch over on my line to VOIP, I've some kind of text dialler installed, the one where HKC get a small fee for sending texts to mobiles.

now with the change over, what are my best options to replace it

or is there anyway to get it back working

thanks in advance for any advice that can be offered

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭spongerobinson

Did Vodafone not inform you if you had any sort of monitored alarm that you'd need to stay with the regular phone line? We contacted them a number of months ago and they cancelled the VOIP switch for us. Worth ringing Vodafone and seeing can they switch you back.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

If you have the Securewatch series, as in the keypad which speaks with a male voice, get back onto Vodafone to reinstate your analogue line.

If you have the Securewave, the keypad with the female voice, then with the latest software, IP monitoring can be set up on this. But you will have to organise this with your installer, then who pays for his call? Vodafone or you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭BobMc

They did write to us good few months back, took no heed at the time, was back in Aug/Sep. switch over happened on monday, its the Older securewatch I have.

Since gotten quote to upgrade which while not cheap, might be worth considering going forward, will have to save for a while as we've few things on etc.

Download speed seems faster for some reason too on speedtest.

Advertisement