Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm confused about how much nicotine I'm vaping

Options
  • 14-02-2017 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,998 ✭✭✭

I'm confused about how much nicotine I'm vaping.

Typically I buy 6mg (nicotine) juice, but I don't understand how that's calculated.
    If I buy a 10ml bottle of 6mg juce or a 30ml bottle of 6mg juice does that mean I am vaping a stronger concentration of nicotine in the first instance and a weaker concentration in the second?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Trent Houseboat

I think it's per mg per ml, so 30ml juice would contain 30mg nicotine, but I'm just basing this from assumptions. The DIY crew would be much better informed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,998 ✭✭✭conorhal

I think it's per mg per ml, so 30ml juice would contain 30mg nicotine, but I'm just basing this from assumptions. The DIY crew would be much better informed.

Thanks, yeah that makes sense (if correct). At least with gum you know exactly how much nicotine you've consumed during the course of a day but the obtuse way the liquids are labeled could mean that you've casually vaped your way through threee packs of smokes worth of nicotine (when you would have typically smoked one) without realising it.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭nobodys_hero

In theory a real cigarette doses about 1mg per cigarette. However absorption rates differ and I never found any proper correlation figures anywhere. I suppose it's because of different smoking styles for a start. Did you deep inhale and hold it for a while or shallow inhale and a quick in-out?

On 6mg e-liquid in theory about 4ml consumed in a day is maybe slightly over a pack of 20 (4ml x6mg =24mg nic). For me that felt about right although I didn't always have that much and sometimes had a bit more. I probably take about the same nicotine on 3mg e juice (7/8 mls a day).

When I started if I went over I started getting the nic-sick dizziness etc. That told me to stop for a while. Once I was used to using the vape gear that no longer happened because I automatically started self regulating without thinking about it. I might chain vape (like I would have rushed a cigarette on a work break) for a short spell, or I might vape over a few hours, but much more slowly, with occasional pulls. That wasn't possible with real cigarettes because they burn even if you're not actually smoking them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭leche solara

I've heard it said that 7 vapes is the equivalent of 1 cigarette. So 70 pulls of 6mg nicotine would be like smoking 10 lowish strength cigs

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I used to ponder on this, but honestly, you know when you have that nic urge, just have a few vapes to curb it.

I did suffer a bit of a light nic OD once, it was a 24mg juice [albeit in a 2.4 ohm coiled tank] and I chained it over a couple of hours. I'd only kicked the smokes at the time and had that stronger urge for nicotine, felt I needed to constantly puff on the vape. I got nauseous and felt like puking a bit. It passed, and I learned to control it, also dropped in nic from that point on.

I would agree with leche solara, I'd say 7-10 good draws is about a ciggie's worth [depending on what you smoked] Just learn to stop after in around that amount for a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Vapely

I think it's per mg per ml

Correct.

10ml at 6mg strength contains a total of 60mg of nicotine.
    30ml at 6mg strength contains a total of 180mg of nicotine.

Advertisement