Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Passing toll barriers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Meeeee79

OP you seem to be shooting yourself in the foot with your comments. You originally posted giving out about having to sit at a toll waiting for a barrier to open because you drive a bike and somehow seem to think that you are above all other road users because of this.

You then explained that you need to use the toll roads because the other roads are dangerous, thus cementing the reason why you have to pay the toll and wait (all of 5 seconds) for the barrier to lift

and then you pick a fight with a poster who suggests giving up your bike if you are unable to tolerate waiting and paying at a toll.

What exactly is the point of your thread? If any. As no answer seems to be the one you want.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 331 ✭✭Johnboner

Meeeee79 wrote: »
    OP you seem to be shooting yourself in the foot with your comments. You originally posted giving out about having to sit at a toll waiting for a barrier to open because you drive a bike and somehow seem to think that you are above all other road users because of this.

You then explained that you need to use the toll roads because the other roads are dangerous, thus cementing the reason why you have to pay the toll and wait (all of 5 seconds) for the barrier to lift

and then you pick a fight with a poster who suggests giving up your bike if you are unable to tolerate waiting and paying at a toll.

What exactly is the point of your thread? If any. As no answer seems to be the one you want.

First of all I did not pick a fight with anyone, I am a calm introverted person, however Mr. Stephen here has decided to attack me for absolutely no reason as a result my instinct kicked in which is to defend myself and in many human and animal systems that is fight or flight response. This time my fight response took over. I did not do anything to Mr. Stephen in order for him to warrant such a rude response but as with most things in life you get what you give. If the amount of pages that a thread has upsets you so much then you really need to take a good look at your life and get your priorities straight. I am absolutely flabergasted.
    Second I asked if I can go around the barrier and avoid getting arrested or have fines sent to my address.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭CaptainR

Johnboner wrote: »
    First of all I did not pick a fight with anyone, I am a calm introverted person, however Mr. Stephen here has decided to attack me for absolutely no reason as a result my instinct kicked in which is to defend myself and in many human and animal systems that is fight or flight response. This time my fight response took over. I did not do anything to Mr. Stephen in order for him to warrant such a rude response but as with most things in life you get what you give. If the amount of pages that a thread has upsets you so much then you really need to take a good look at your life and get your priorities straight. I am absolutely flabergasted.
    Second I asked if I can go around the barrier and avoid getting arrested or have fines sent to my address.

Fight or flight response is when your in actual danger like if someone assaults you in person. You get an adrenaline rush in this kind of situation and your instincts take over.

I don't think it happens when someone disagrees with you on Boards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭blade1

The big question is..... Who is Mr. Stephen??

CaptainR wrote: »
    Fight or flight response is when your in actual danger like if someone assaults you in person. You get an adrenaline rush in this kind of situation and your instincts take over.

I don't think it happens when someone disagrees with you on Boards.

''When we face very real dangers to our physical survival, the fight or flight response is invaluable. Today, however, most of the saber tooth tigers we encounter are not a threat to our physical survival. Today’s saber tooth tigers consist of rush hour traffic, missing a deadline, bouncing a check or having an argument with our boss or spouse. Nonetheless, these modern day, saber tooth tigers trigger the activation of our fight or flight system as if our physical survival was threatened. On a daily basis, toxic stress hormones flow into our bodies for events that pose no real threat to our physical survival.''

full article
    http://www.thebodysoulconnection.com/EducationCenter/fight.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Ohhh Jesus....now we're off on another topic...........let it go FFS......:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭CaptainR

''When we face very real dangers to our physical survival, the fight or flight response is invaluable. Today, however, most of the saber tooth tigers we encounter are not a threat to our physical survival. Today’s saber tooth tigers consist of rush hour traffic, missing a deadline, bouncing a check or having an argument with our boss or spouse. Nonetheless, these modern day, saber tooth tigers trigger the activation of our fight or flight system as if our physical survival was threatened. On a daily basis, toxic stress hormones flow into our bodies for events that pose no real threat to our physical survival.''

full article
    http://www.thebodysoulconnection.com/EducationCenter/fight.html

From the article you linked:

"When our fight or flight response is activated, sequences of nerve cell firing occur and chemicals like adrenaline, noradrenaline and cortisol are released into our bloodstream. These patterns of nerve cell firing and chemical release cause our body to undergo a series of very dramatic changes. Our respiratory rate increases. Blood is shunted away from our digestive tract and directed into our muscles and limbs, which require extra energy and fuel for running and fighting. Our pupils dilate. Our awareness intensifies. Our sight sharpens. Our impulses quicken. Our perception of pain diminishes. Our immune system mobilizes with increased activation. We become prepared—physically and psychologically—for fight or flight"

You really think your instincts took over like this when you read the replies to your question?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stewygriffin

Jesus wept

John,would you ever just go and ride your bike and enjoy riding it.
    Thats what real bikers do,they enjoy riding their bikes on all roads.

Go and do some IBT lessons or a ROSPA riding coarse if you are that concerned about riding over some muck or a bit of cowsh!te on the country roads

Or else stop biking alltogether,and take to the car,bus or else walk to work.

But stop comming on here whinging on and on and on like a little baby.

Jesus wept

Go and do some IBT lessons or a ROSPA riding coarse if you are that concerned about riding over some muck or a bit of cowsh!te on the country roads

You need to go do that yourself as I did IBT in order to get a licence. Stephen how about you give up motorbikes? Why are you telling me this when you know that I will not? If I would listen to your advice you would tell me to ride over diesel spills at max throttle in order to hurt me. You realize your sayings here could affect other people's lives which include serious injury or death? Motorcycling is much more dangerous than a car it's a fact so silly advice like just ride over cows ****e is absolutely stupid. Just because you have r1 and s1000rr doesn't make you an expert just someone with lots of money, have another saying but I am a nice guy who does not feel the need to attack others that disagree with you. Just please stop wasting your time, I love motorbikes and I will not give them up unless I can't ride for whatever reason which can be serious injury or death. The fact that you have hundreds of thousands doesn't mean you can laugh at others because of 70c.

blade1 wrote: »

He somehow seems to think that "Stewy" is short for Stephen.
    And trying to be smart about it then backfires on him,like this thread has.

God help him,the poor fella.

• Advertisement

Where is the backfire?

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭The_Chap

*follows thread and grabs popcorn*

You need to go do that yourself as I did IBT in order to get a licence. Stephen how about you give up motorbikes? Why are you telling me this when you know that I will not? If I would listen to your advice you would tell me to ride over diesel spills at max throttle in order to hurt me. You realize your sayings here could affect other people's lives which include serious injury or death? Motorcycling is much more dangerous than a car it's a fact so silly advice like just ride over cows ****e is absolutely stupid. Just because you have r1 and s1000rr doesn't make you an expert just someone with lots of money, have another saying but I am a nice guy who does not feel the need to attack others that disagree with you.

You are aware that IBT and ROSPA teach you about road positioning.
    ROSPA is an advance riding coarse that many bikers take to better improve their road riding skills and their riding pace in all conditions.

You are aware of that,arent you?

You really have made a complete fool out of yourself with this entire thread and your complaints about everything from a 70 cents toll fee,to some muck on the ground.
    Then you change to something else to whinge on about.

Do you ever actually read what you post??

Do you ever actually read what people post back to you?

Or are you just that blind and ignorant??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭pillphil

I don't mind paying the toll, I just don't want to have to take off any gear to do it. Including gloves. When it's raining, it takes a few minutes to get your gear on in a way that's waterproof. I don't understand why I can't buy a tag for the bike.

And wtf does this mean:
    Toll plaza operators have also advised that the express lanes are not designed for use by motorcycles. Due to this potential safety hazard, we do not recommend using a Toll Tag with a motorcycle.

ROSPA is an advance riding coarse that many bikers take to better improve their road riding skills and their riding pace in all conditions.

You really have made a complete fool out of yourself with this entire thread and your complaints about everything from a 70 cents toll fee,to some muck on the ground.
    Then you change to something else to whinge on about.

Do you ever actually read what you post??

Do you ever actually read what people post back to you?

Or are you just that blind and ignorant??

Tell me Stevy boy how would you avoid piles of cow manure on the winter evening with heavy rain on a national road with severe bends everywhere with ****ty bike lights and cars blinding you from the other side. As I have said it only takes ONE time, maybe you are tired and not paying attention or just simply can't see due to the conditions. Are you seriously telling me that you have never ever have made a mistake on a bike???? Or that you have never stalled a bike??? I have made a fool out of myself on Steve if you say so. I am more interested as to why my posts have triggered you so much that you resort to personal attacks. Now read back my posts where have you seen me attacking or insulting someone in this thread? I didn't before you started personally attacking me, I would assume that you are a man in your 30s or 40s and behaving like this is absolutely childish.

And sorry Stephen not everyone is as rich as you and can afford to own 10 highest end bikes in the world.

blade1 wrote: »

Where is the backfire?

You really dont get or understand it,do you???

Go back to school or get a dictionary my uninformed man.

You really dont get or understand it,do you???

Go back to school or get a dictionary my uninformed man.

I am currently in school :)
    Thank you for the advice I am getting my dictionary book right now. But Steve could you get me one? You have all them bikes so it wouldn't be a problem for you to get me a dictionary?

John,please just go off and ride into the rain or sunset.

Do us all a favour now.
    Go and pay the 70 cents then,because you dont want to ride over a bit of muck and cowsh!te.

Or maybe feck off onto a bus if you dont want to pay 70 cents.

Real bikers just get out there and ride,they dont whinge on and on like you seem to do alot of.

Just go off and next time you are paying your 70 cents have a rant at the lady or man who is taking your 70 cents.

Maybe go and chain yourself to the toll barrier in protest too.

John,please just go off and ride into the rain or sunset.

Do us all a favour now.
    Go and pay the 70 cents then,because you dont want to ride over a bit of muck and cowsh!te.

Or maybe feck off onto a bus if you dont want to pay 70 cents.

Real bikers just get out there and ride,they dont whinge on and on like you seem to do alot of.

Just go off and next time you are paying your 70 cents have a rant at the lady or man who is taking your 70 cents.

Maybe go and chain yourself to the toll barrier in protest too.

I will do but please stop giving people horrible advice as this cost someone their lives or make them paralyzed for life. But Steve if I go with a bus then I have to pay more than 70c :( so what now? I don't rant at workers at the toll barriers I am not like you Steve and I do not resort to personal attacks. Shouting and screaming at the toll workers would just ruin their day and make no difference, they are not responsible for this toll. You are telling me I don't read posts but then you keep telling me to take a bus when I said I will not in multiple posts, hypocrisy at its best.

I will do but please stop giving people horrible advice as this cost someone their lives or make them paralyzed for life. But Steve if I go with a bus then I have to pay more than 70c :( so what now? I don't rant at workers at the toll barriers I am not like you Steve and I do not resort to personal attacks. Shouting and screaming at the toll workers would just ruin their day and make no difference, they are not responsible for this toll. You are telling me I don't read posts but then you keep telling me to take a bus when I said I will not in multiple posts, hypocrisy at its best.

John I would like you to copy and paste my exact words and post that gives "horrible advice" to you and other bikers.

Now not what you think I have said,but what I have actually posted to you.

Can you do that for me please?

• Advertisement

John I would like you to copy and paste my exact words and post that gives "horrible advice" to you and other bikers.

Now not what you think I have said,but what I have actually posted to you.

Can you do that for me please?

''you are that concerned about riding over some muck or a bit of cowsh!te on the country roads''

''you are that concerned about riding over some muck or a bit of cowsh!te on the country roads''

Please copy and paste it,

My exact post and words.

Jesus wept

Here

Here

Yes,now please read that "exact post".

Not your little piece of it that you tried to copy and paste,to suit yourself.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Multi Quote FTW!!!

Yes,now please read that "exact post".

Not your little piece of it that you tried to copy and paste,to suit yourself.:rolleyes:

I read and it's dangerous advice as you are saying just RIDE OVER or avoid the piece of ****. This could cause a rider to come off and suffer the consequences.

I read and it's dangerous advice as you are saying just ride over or avoid the piece of ****. This could cause a rider to come off and suffer the consequences.

Ah now John,see you are doing it yet again....... making up things that arent even posted or said to you.Your brain is not reading or registering the exact words.

Exact words and that I posted.......

Ah now John,see you are doing it yet again....... making up things that arent even posted or said to you.Your brain is not reading or registering the exact words.

Exact words and that I posted.......

How can you lie when you wrote it about yourself, that makes absolutely no sense.

John,my friend,you really do need to take a minute to reflect and let that simple yet informative post sink in and register with your brain..

John......you should go off and enjoy your biking.
    Do an IBT coarse,if you havent done it allready.
    Then progress on to a ROSPA.
    Get out there in all weathers and enjoy all the roads in this great country.
    Take photos of your travels on the bike.
    Talk about your bike,its make and any mods done to it.
    Talk about and ask technical and mechanical questions.
    Post up some pics of your bike too.

Thats what us bikers do here on this forum.
    We enjoy our bikes and biking.

Steve one thing I want to tell you is that I didn't attack you or insult you personally so please, I don't see why you did this to me. Personal attacks are just low. You just indirectly called me stupid I guess you are proud of yourself. Well I believe in karma.

• Advertisement

John no one is calling you stupid,they are just replying to your own posts.Its your posts and your inability to listen to anyone that causing the problem.
    You have chopped and changed so many times by complaining about lots of different things,instead of just sticking to your "70 cents" issue.

No matter what answer anyone gives you,you dont want to entertain it or accept it.You have to come back with something else.

I will say this again to you.......

John,my friend,you really do need to take a minute to reflect and let that simple yet informative post sink in and register with your brain..

John......you should go off and enjoy your biking.
    Do an IBT coarse,if you havent done it allready.
    Then progress on to a ROSPA.
    Get out there in all weathers and enjoy all the roads (tolls aswell) in this great country.
    Take photos of your travels on the bike.
    Talk about your bike,its make and any mods done to it.
    Talk about and ask technical and mechanical questions.
    Post up some pics of your bike too.

Thats what us bikers do here on this forum.
    We enjoy our bikes and biking.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement