Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

AutoHold in driving test

• 14-02-2017 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Hi all

I am just wondering if I am allowed to use the Auto Hold function in my driving test? I will be driving a new car which has this feature....

any feedback is much appreciated

Thanks
    Sunburnt

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭MascotDec85

My driving school car has it.....there are no issues with it for the test.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 sunburnt

Perfect, thank you.

I am still trying to get used to the Auto Hold feature (as I am more used to using the manual handbrake). I am finding it difficult to do a hill start without the car rolling back as it is difficult to find the biting point on the car because as soon as I lift the clutch slightly, it disengages the autohold and I don't have time to find the right amount of revs to drive the car forward.

any tips?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,654 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Are you sure the autohold is actually on? :confused:

On mine it holds for 2-3 seconds before disengaging - more than enough time to find the bite.

If you're rolling back as soon as the clutch comes up then it sounds like it's not switched on.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 sunburnt

Yeah, it is switched on. When I used the Manual Handbrake, I would find the biting point and release the handbrake and the car moves on. In the new car, the car will hold until I start trying to find the biting point and then it just rolls back if I don't give it enough throttle which can be quite nerve-wrecking!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭MascotDec85

sunburnt wrote: »
    Yeah, it is switched on. When I used the Manual Handbrake, I would find the biting point and release the handbrake and the car moves on. In the new car, the car will hold until I start trying to find the biting point and then it just rolls back if I don't give it enough throttle which can be quite nerve-wrecking!

That's not auto hold. That's an electronic handbrake.
    You have to ensure your clutch is up sufficiently then give it power (gas) to disengage the handbrake.

• Advertisement
Advertisement