Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cracked tooth

Options
  • 14-02-2017 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

hi,

i have a root canal in my back molar. I noticed today that a slight bit of the tooth chipped of as it was sharp however i can feel a vertical line like a crack down my tooth. I dont think this crack goes the whole way to gum line.

Basically i want to get braces and not sure what to do. Do i get the tooth removed and hope the braces remove this gap or spend the extra guts of €500 to get a crown?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,302 ✭✭✭✭Esel

A filling might be all that is required. (IANAD).

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 7 beccamc

Esel wrote: »
    A filling might be all that is required. (IANAD).

Hi, thanks for the reply but the tooth has a root canal and a pretty big filling already it's the side of the tooth that has the vertical crack to the gum line

• Registered Users Posts: 22,302 ✭✭✭✭Esel

It could well be repairable with a filling. Even if it needs a crown, that would be better than hoping braces would close the gap after an extraction. Again, IANAD :).

Not your ornery onager

Advertisement