Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Didn't change vehicle address - got summons for speeding fine

• 14-02-2017 2:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hi,

I have a summons for an unpaid speed camera fine. I didn't receive the fine in the post as I would have certainly paid it rather than be facing big fine and 5 points

However my main worry is down to the fact that I didn't change my Vehicle's address once I moved to my new house in Jan 2016. So basically I had my car registered at my old address for almost 1 year before I registered it to my new address (Jan 2017). Totally stupid I know but I had been calling regularly to collect old post from the old house (was friends with the old housemates) and just didn't get around to it.

I'm going to tell the judge that I didn't receive the fine and I'll pay the €120 fine right now as I was doing 10km over the limit based on speed camera van photo and I'm really sorry / this is the last place I want to be.

I will also say that I didn't change my address for almost 1 year if he asks and I will say it was stupid of me and apologise but I'm afraid this will not help my case at all?

Any advice / experiences much appreciated!! I'm quite stressed about it all

Thanks,

MTK

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭rex-x

mtk2 wrote: »
    Hi,

I have a summons for an unpaid speed camera fine. I didn't receive the fine in the post as I would have certainly paid it rather than be facing big fine and 5 points

However my main worry is down to the fact that I didn't change my Vehicle's address once I moved to my new house in Jan 2016. So basically I had my car registered at my old address for almost 1 year before I registered it to my new address (Jan 2017). Totally stupid I know but I had been calling regularly to collect old post from the old house (was friends with the old housemates) and just didn't get around to it.

I'm going to tell the judge that I didn't receive the fine and I'll pay the €120 fine right now as I was doing 10km over the limit based on speed camera van photo and I'm really sorry / this is the last place I want to be.

I will also say that I didn't change my address for almost 1 year if he asks and I will say it was stupid of me and apologise but I'm afraid this will not help my case at all?

Any advice / experiences much appreciated!! I'm quite stressed about it all

Thanks,

MTK

I would be straight out and say you didn't update your address rather than saying you didn't get it to be honest, and be ready for a bollocking! But better be honest than have to change your story halfway through

• Registered Users Posts: 30 mtk2

Thanks Rex.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

OP has same thread in Legal Discussion, let's use that
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057706063

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement