Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Post RAS 2017

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,430 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Actual start they will be through in a flash. Ceremonial start there should be a long build up with plenty of atmosphere and the chance to get close up to everything/everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 26 soghluaiste

Great thanks for that - I'll try to make it to Dublin Castle so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

Who do we think will win it?  I reckon Damien Shaw

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

el tel wrote: »
    Who do we think will win it?  I reckon Damien Shaw

Eddie Dunbar might well do well given his team pulled out of the French race the Ras clashed with, and he is available to ride if he can sort a ride out at late notice.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Inquitus wrote: »
    Eddie Dunbar might well do well given his team pulled out of the French race the Ras clashed with, and he is available to ride if he can sort a ride out at late notice.

He could only ride with national selection. Pro riders cannot guest on amateur teams.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Mos Eisley

Am thinking of going to watch stage 1 on Sunday in either Granard or Longford town. Any suggestions as to the best viewing point?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

RobFowl wrote:
    He could only ride with national selection. Pro riders cannot guest on amateur teams.

Didn't realise this, so essentially Dunbar won't be in it. Huge pity.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

Didn't realise this, so essentially Dunbar won't be in it. Huge pity.

Did he say he was looking for a ride as a guest on another team? Eddie is an incredible talent. but if he wants to achieve in cycling what he said his goal is - then riding the Rás is part of his past.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Any list of confirmed teams around?

Got it http://www.anpost.ie/AnPost/IrishCyclingRas/Info/Teams+and+Riders/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭wav1

Bambaata wrote: »
    Too early for a confirmed start list.Sign opens at 4pm and teams and riders are subject to change.Confirmed start list should be floating about after 7 this evening.
    I'm ready anyway..The Wav is good to go for the 40th time.Proud to serve this very special and unique event.Hopefully see some of you on the road.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,081 ✭✭✭buffalo

Bambaata wrote: »

Here's the latest...
    417883.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

Mos Eisley wrote: »
    Am thinking of going to watch stage 1 on Sunday in either Granard or Longford town. Any suggestions as to the best viewing point?

Thanks

Previously I stood on Church Street (on the long bend just before the barracks) - nice spot as you see them sweeping at speed around the bend - stand back though!!

Otherwise close to the finish line on the Main Street would be good I'd say - bit of an atmosphere.

If you can make it on Monday - Magan's, Killashee is a great spot - awesome seeing the bunch maneuvering through those bends, the screeching of the brakes and lads roaring at each other!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Roughly what time should they be rolling through Liffey Valley at? I'm thinking that getting there for about 12:15 should be safeish?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,430 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

buffalo wrote: »
    Here's the latest...
    Look forward to reading the Boardsie's diary.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Plastik

Tell me, why are some names shaded?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Hager

Plastik wrote: »
    Tell me, why are some names shaded?

Denotes young rider

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Misprint or only 4 on Madison Genesis team?

Punishment for not sending me bottles!

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

I'll be getting myself to The Gap of Mamore on the 24th. :)
    Mrs WA has just informed me that she'll be away on work related business on the 24/25/26th. That ends that then! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

My favourite Ras climb...but only because it was so close to the stage finish. It's a still painful memory! Best was J Sheehan on RTE coverage saying "there are still guys out there suffering"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭wav1

Misprint or only 4 on Madison Genesis team?

Punishment for not sending me bottles!
    Only 4 starters

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

P_1 wrote: »
    Roughly what time should they be rolling through Liffey Valley at? I'm thinking that getting there for about 12:15 should be safeish?

Check out page 10 of this - you'd have a better idea of the area and could gauge it:

http://www.anpost.ie/NR/rdonlyres/7BE19FB0-6B9A-43BA-A097-7EEF1C420FFA/0/AnPostRas2017TechnicalGuideWeb.pdf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭GreyEagle

Will it be live on de telly?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,939 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

GreyEagle wrote: »
    Will it be live on de telly?
    Or the TG4 daily highlight reel. Anyone know if they are doing it this year?

CramCycle wrote: »
    Or the TG4 daily highlight reel. Anyone know if they are doing it this year?

I was coming to ask the same, didn't see anything listed in the tv guide that came with the paper yesterday, not even highlights :(

Anyone here at the rolloitthis morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Anyone here at the rolloitthis morning?

At Liffey Valley. May have been a bit early mind cause there isn't a sinner there bar the race cars 😂

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Anyone know where the finish line is in Longford? Hoping to catch it and phone won't open the map.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Finish outside Court House and Annaly Hotel

Seven Worlds will Collide

Great crowd at the start and a really great atmosphere

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭py

Great crowd at the start and a really great atmosphere

+1, brought the young lad and he really enjoyed it. He had a nice little conversation with Richard Maes at the start line and gave him many a high five. :) Nice to be able to get in and walk around and see every aspect of the Ras/teams in action.

Advertisement