Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Children's Nursery Equipment - Where to donate?

Options
  • 14-02-2017 5:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭

Can this equipment (strollers, high chairs etc) be given to some charity / organisation (Galway or wherever) or is it destined for the skip?

All in decent condition (they need a bit of a clean from being stored in a shed).

Thanks in advance!

@Mods: Apologies if this is in the wrong location - feel free to move - Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

I'm sure you can bring them to any charity shop, I've donated some bits to mine, but I've definitely seen stuff like high chairs and buggies in the window of my local svp shop.
    You could also ring a local women's refuge, or ring the local branch of the svp, they might know of an actual person who could do with it at the moment. I know all my stuff is perfect, when I'm done with it, I couldn't bear to throw it in a skip!

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Contact Women's Aid - I think they are opening their new premises sometime this year so probably will need all sorts of stuff.

Or any charity really -SVdP or Cope - though I think some don't take toys.

But please don't dump it if you can avoid it at all, I'm sure there are so many struggling parents who could really get use out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Put them up on Adverts.ie for free & they be taken fairly quickly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Loads of ways to recycle these. No need for landfill. 
    • Cuidiu Cycle facebook groups have loads of parents swapping and giving away baby items
    • Freecycle groups
    • Adverts allows free items to be listed
    • Charity shops take them
    • Zero Waste groups do some trading and usually know the best spots for recycling ethically (these guys are a bit full on though, be warned ;) )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Stoolbend

Neyite wrote: »
    Contact Women's Aid - I think they are opening their new premises sometime this year so probably will need all sorts of stuff.

Or any charity really -SVdP or Cope - though I think some don't take toys.

But please don't dump it if you can avoid it at all, I'm sure there are so many struggling parents who could really get use out of it.

The likes of women's aid is a brilliant idea for this stuff. Plus old bottles and the likes.

Charity shops in general are a business where very little goes to the charity. Any good stuff generally gets put aside for regulars and gets sold for a lot less than they could get for it if they tried.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

My local Barnardos took used toys and were delighted with them (in excellent condition), they took a few other baby things I had so I'd say they'd take nursery equipment too.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Benbecul97

Strollers donated to COPE Galway and they were very thankful for them.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Advertisement