Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a good home / office router

Options
  • 14-02-2017 5:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,665 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Looks like my ASUS RT-N66U router is on it's last legs so I'm looking for advice on what to buy as a replacement.

The RT-N66U has been bullet proof for +/- 5 years. I have a 200MB Virgin Fibre broadband connection which is bridged via Ethernet cable from their modem to the RT-N66U and then everything in the house and home office connects to the RT-N66U either by Ethernet cable (some Win 10 PC's, a NAS and an Android media box) and then up to 25 other devices over WiFi made up mostly of mobile phones (6), tablets, laptops, kindles, Chromecast, IOT devices, printers etc

Key for me is that the router puts out as powerful a WiFi signal as possible and is well supported in terms of firmware, user forums etc so I can get help with set up and trouble shooting etc

Appreciate any suggestions for what I should be getting.

Comments

Advertisement