Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Luas disabled parking at the Red Cow.

• 14-02-2017 6:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭

Hi
    I have to go to James hospital tomorrow and I want to leave a car at the Red cow and take the Luas the rest of the way. I'll be at the Red cow around 09:30 and am wondering the following .

Are there many disabled parking spots in the car park and would there be any left at 09:30
    If there are none left and I park in a regular parking spot do I have to pay for parking.

Thanks for any answers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Isambard

do you get free parking in a disabled spot usually then? if so, I didn't know that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭mickmac76

Any county council run parking spaces like town centres are free even if It's not a disabled spot as long as you are displaying your disabled parking permit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,020 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

mickmac76 wrote: »
    Any county council run parking spaces like town centres are free even if It's not a disabled spot as long as you are displaying your disabled parking permit.

Correct. I have a disabled badge for the old lady, and this is true. Might not always get a disabled only spot, but any spot will do.

However..... does LUAS own and run the car park at Red Cow, and if so, if OP parks in a non disabled spot should they pay? That is the question. Don't know the answer either. Sorry. Maybe an email to LUAS would help. But it's late now......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,522 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Phone them in the morning: Monday to Friday between 7am – 7pm and Saturday 10am – 2pm on Lo Call 1850 300 604 or 01 4614911. or info@luas.ie

https://www.luas.ie/red-cow-car-park.html
    Tariffs: €2.00 Up to 4 hours (or part thereof).
    Max. Day Tariff: €4.00
    Blue Badge Parking Spaces: 12
    I suspect wheelchair spaces are free, but check.

Advertisement