Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Parking space to rent in Dublin 2 that isn't so expensive ??

Options
  • 14-02-2017 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi

Im gonna be working by Earlsfort Terrace and need to find parking that isnt so expensive.

Thanks

Mark

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

What is not expensive? Monday to Friday? Maximum walking distance?

An ample of a typical price:
    https://www.gumtree.ie/a-parking-garage/dublin/car-parking-spot-just-off-harcourt-street-hatch-street/1001893698780911112820009

• Registered Users Posts: 21 onmarko

Hi,, 100 euro is max i would pay considering the mount i have to pay to travel into town, Monday to Friday yes,, walking distance max 1km

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Where you traveling from?

RasTa wrote: »
    Where you traveling from?

From clane in Kildare

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Why not get the 120 bus from Clane?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Is that €100 per month or per week? If it's per week then there are plenty of parking spaces within budget and within location on Daft. If it's €100 per month then I think you'll struggle to find something within that area. Public transport would probably be a lot cheaper.

i need to start work at 6:30am in town,,, bus does not start from 6:50,, i would have other wise

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Come onmarko, we need something more to go by! €100 a month or what?

100 a month ,,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭newacc2015

onmarko wrote: »
    100 a month ,,

That's not going to happen... You need at least 2/3 times the budget of that for Dublin 2. You will have to up to budget to €200 a month min or consider taking the bus

There is a reason why the tens of thousands of workers in Dublin 2 take public transport or cycle, it is because parking is expensive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Phoenix park is free to park, walk to Heuston, get Dublin bike, cycle to Stephens Green

21/25

There was (may still be) a spot on Earlsfort Terrace where the parking spaces ended but there was then a gap before yellow lines. Always used to be a BMW parked at a dodgy angle there, never got ticketed. If you got in before them you might get a spot for free.
    This is just past the Conrad Hotel heading west (across from entrance to Concert Hall).

See here
    https://goo.gl/maps/mtu54JjaVb92

There was (may still be) a spot on Earlsfort Terrace where the parking spaces ended but there was then a gap before yellow lines. Always used to be a BMW parked at a dodgy angle there, never got ticketed. If you got in before them you might get a spot for free.
    This is just past the Conrad Hotel heading west (across from entrance to Concert Hall).

See here
    https://goo.gl/maps/mtu54JjaVb92

i just seen that there on google maps,, its fairly small eh, what angle was the guy parked at, up on the foot path like?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Buy a fold up bike throw in boot.
    Park and cycle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭pawrick

onmarko wrote: »
    i just seen that there on google maps,, its fairly small eh, what angle was the guy parked at, up on the foot path like?

opposite end of the also seems to have a gap but it's bigger

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Free parking in Sheriff Street, close walk to the Convention Center.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,828 ✭✭✭✭L1011

RasTa wrote: »
    Free parking in Sheriff Street, close walk to the Convention Center.

Very little and usually gone by 8

L1011 wrote: »
    Very little and usually gone by 8

Yes, but if you'd read the thread you'd see the OP will be using the spot before 630am.

Advertisement