Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ps4 HDMI inconvenience

Options
  • 14-02-2017 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭

Ok I power on my ps4 then I power on my tv and I switch to HDMI on my tv and I get a black screen with no image or sound. So I then switch my tv out of HDMI and back into HDMI and then it works and displays my ps4 . I have to do this 99 times out of 100 and Im wondering why.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭Damien360

quinnd6 wrote: »
    Ok I power on my ps4 then I power on my tv and I switch to HDMI on my tv and I get a black screen with no image or sound. So I then switch my tv out of HDMI and back into HDMI and then it works and displays my ps4 . I have to do this 99 times out of 100 and Im wondering why.

How old is the tv. My sky box does that with my old tv. I have to switch one on before the other. Can never remember which. Trial and error any time I have to do it :)

Failing that, have you a second HDMI port on tv to test. And failing that, try another cable.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,298 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

quinnd6 wrote: »

Try turning on the tv first.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭quinnd6

The tv is over 9 years old. I got it when Halo 3 came out.
    I will give that a try.

Oh yes I noticed that doesn't seem to solve it.
    Oh well I guess I just have to carry on changing out of the HDMI output and then back into it when it doesn't work.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Sounds like a HDCP issue. Sony released firmware not too long back that made this copy protection in hdmi act weird on older TVs... A friend of mine believes it's a way for Sony to stealth obsolete their systems.

There are some cheap hdmi splitters you can get that strip out HDCP, I'd look into finding one and it's how my friend solved his issue.

• Advertisement

HDCP can be turned off but then you can't use Youtube and other apps.
    Anyway it's not much of a problem.
    It always works fine after changing to another input and changing back to HDMI.
    It's like the HDMI can't recognise anything is connected the first time you go into it and then the second time it recognises that there's a PS4 connected.
    It sometimes works fine on first attempt and other times it needs to be changed to another input and back to HDMI.
    It's just a minor inconvenience that I have to be wary of.

Advertisement