Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Coach Waterford to KK

Options
  • 14-02-2017 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭

I see its only €5 from KK to Waterford but its €10 from Waterford to KK.

DUB%20COACH_zpskzcfzmmk.jpg

Anyone know if they do a return ticket for this journey and if they do is it only €10 return.

edit: They do, just been in their online booking and if you enter return its €5 each way.

Anyone know if the driver can issue a return ticket for this journey.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

Support your own Dan!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Support your own Dan!

I do but everybody needs a break :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,709 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Driver can issue a ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Oh no it's definitely a tenner return! Both ways. Really good price.. just get on the bus by dooleys hotel ask for kk return and it will cost 10 euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Dum_Dum

Oh no it's definitely a tenner return! Both ways. Really good price.. just get on the bus by dooleys hotel ask for kk return and it will cost 10 euro.

Don't forget to sit at the front to watch the driver eat his sandwiches and make phone calls all the while hearing the dulcet tones of the rubble strips as the coach veers out of lane on the motorway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,299 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Dum_Dum wrote: »
    Don't forget to sit at the front to watch the driver eat his sandwiches and make phone calls all the while hearing the dulcet tones of the rubble strips as the coach veers out of lane on the motorway.

Its grand. I get that bus all the time and I haven't died yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,709 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Not just Dublin Coach, if you have a genuine concern the contract the company.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭kaef

Sounds like JJ Kav tbh...

• Registered Users Posts: 29,387 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

whats this service like on the dublin journey? is it normally on time etc?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 229 ✭✭Sosurface

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    I always see stuff on facebook from them apologising for delays. At the same time I have used them loads of times personally and have yet to experience a delay longer than a few minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Used it a couple times, good service.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,299 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Never had a problem with it myself but have heard that the late services can be slightly unreliable. It's cheap as chips though. No complaints here!

Well I always say, you get what you pay for!
    They pay their drivers poorly so in my humble opinion if you support
    the concept of a minimum wage structure that doesn't affect the user
    of the service then you have no clear conscience!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

Wanderer78 wrote: »

Because of the roadworks in Killeagh, the bus coming from Cork and heading on to Dublin, has been seriously delayed by an hour or more on numerous occasions. However, these roadworks have now finished so I would assume any delays are now minimal.

I have used this bus many times, from Dublin to Waterford and Waterford to Dublin and I always book my seat online. I have seen people turned away in Waterford when the bus coming from Cork was too full and they were just too far down the queue in Waterford. Some of these people would have had online bookings and it was just a case of tough luck.

The most recent time I used this bus was March and 2 people were turned away in Waterford as the bus from Cork was too full. This was despite queuing for an hour, as the bus was delayed coming from Cork (due to the roadworks in Killeagh), and they both had online bookings.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,112 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Was an hour late arrriving in Kilkenny on Friday. I work in Kilkenny so use it quite a bit and in 3 months I can count on my fingers how often it's been on time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭boardsuser1

€115 (before tax) per day regardless of many hours worked.

I went for a job with them.

The machinery on the Cork route is of poor quality also, 13 year old Setra's that were Ex Aircoach.

The Dublin Coach owner is also the guy who originally set up Aircoach in 1999.

Any complaints? Give Stephen Kim a call :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭kaef

I'll support everything and everybody just to make sure that ridiculus never-on-time over-paid-whiner-operated buseireann will be liquidated.

kaef wrote: »
    I'll support everything and everybody just to make sure that ridiculus never-on-time over-paid-whiner-operated buseireann will be liquidated.

it'll eventually happen, just not as soon as we think.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,410 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Since they extended it to cork it's been far less reliable time wise- was relatively easy to/from just Waterford to be on time as there's minimal delays as it's mainly on motorway from the Quays.
    Adding cork makes it far harder to keep the timetable on time

road_high wrote: »
    Since they extended it to cork it's been far less reliable time wise- was relatively easy to/from just Waterford to be on time as there's minimal delays as it's mainly on motorway from the Quays.
    Adding cork makes it far harder to keep the timetable on time

Killeagh and Castlemartyr being the main reasons for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭dzilla

Should be ok going forward with the killeagh roadworks finishing up. But yeah as a regular user of that road journey times could b anything from 1hr50mins to 3hrs. Terrible really for a 110km stretch

An M25 is needed.

It won't happen in my lifetime though and i'm in my 30's

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭dzilla

KC161 wrote: »
    An M25 is needed.

It won't happen in my lifetime though and i'm in my 30's

Yea there was the plans for the by pass of all the towns with higher class dual carriageway during the boom. It may be revisited but I doubt it

kaef wrote: »

To be fair to these guys, if they didn't have passengers they would always be on time. Travelled to Dublin not so long ago and by the time we got to Gowran we were 16 minutes behind. Not the drivers fault but all that comes along with transporting the general public!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Stonedpilot

From Kilkenny to Waterford in the evenings its always late. Sometimes by hour or more.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,112 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

It can't be too complex to link a road from the existing Youghal bypass onwards, apart from costing millions.

Advertisement