Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shrimp Breeding

• 14-02-2017 9:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭

Hi All

Current setup is a Fluval Chi II setup with the following Shrimps

14 Red Cherry Shrimp

6 Blue Pearl Shrimp

4 Glass Shrimp

Currently the tank temp is 26C with Tube houses and Moss balls

Java moss will arrive next week and will let it take over the tank.

I also have an Air Stone and sponge filter added to the tank for algae and bacteria growth

50% water change each week

Shrimps also fed on JBL Novo Prawn twice a week.

Anything else I need to encourage breeding in the tank?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Check your water hardness & ph
    Different shrimp breed better at different levels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭HONKEY TONK

I got the Java Moss in the tank now and extra lights . Should I use a heater as research is telling me that Java Moss grows better in Cooler water and Shrimps are fine between temperature of 14–29 °C

I got the Java Moss in the tank now and extra lights . Should I use a heater as research is telling me that Java Moss grows better in Cooler water and Shrimps are fine between temperature of 14–29 °C

I use a heater just to keep a constant temp, fluctuations can do more damage than consistent highs or lows.

Silverfish wrote: »
    I use a heater just to keep a constant temp, fluctuations can do more damage than consistent highs or lows.

DO you have aly issues growing Java Moss in a higher temperature ?

DO you have aly issues growing Java Moss in a higher temperature ?

No, I kept my tank at about 22-24 for my cherry shrimp, the mosses did great and the shrimp bred like crazy.

I miss my shrimp, going to start up my tank again I think.

• Advertisement

Silverfish wrote: »
    No, I kept my tank at about 22-24 for my cherry shrimp, the mosses did great and the shrimp bred like crazy.

I miss my shrimp, going to start up my tank again I think.

I put my heater back i the tank and added extra lights

Have a large amount of Java moss as ground cover but hoping it completely takes over the tank

ordered a TDS counter on amazon for water checks.

So far, So good

I removed the sponge filter and air-stone abd put it in another tank for cycling.

If I see shrimps with eggs I will add the sponge filter again - only if the Java moss isn't taking over 50% of the tank by then

Advertisement