Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brazilian Food - BBQ ?

Options
  • 14-02-2017 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭

Hi Guys

I am thinking about checking out a Brazilian BBQ - all you can eat restaurant....
    I have seen Brazilian restaurants in the Moore Street Mall, Ranelagh and Parlement Street....does anybody have Brazilian restaurants recommendations ?

Any advice appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭discobeaker

My wife is from Santos and her favourite place to eat is the restaurant downstairs in Moore st shopping centre. I love the coxhinas from that place aswell. The place in parliament street is really good aswell but the Moore street restaurant is where we always try to go for food when we are in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 30,196 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

I think RIO in Ranelagh do an all you can eat BBQ... food was nice and you got to try lots of different things but thought it worked out pricey if you were there a while ordering drinks.

http://www.rio.ie/

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭whiz

I seen some shops on cable street selling Brazilian hot and cold food...any of these ok ?
    Also anybody got any other recommendations, please feel free to suggest

• Registered Users Posts: 10,328 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

odyssey06 wrote: »
    I think RIO in Ranelagh do an all you can eat BBQ... food was nice and you got to try lots of different things but thought it worked out pricey if you were there a while ordering drinks.

http://www.rio.ie/

I have never eaten at Rio (although I have often eaten in Rio) so cannot comment on the restaurant. My advice with rodizio style restaurants (rodizio means rotate) is to go at a time when they are busy and try to avoid quiet times. The fixed price all you can eat style is not, as far as the meat is concerned, buffet style but relies on there being suficient customers at any time to mean that there's enough meat cooking on the churrasco and being brought around the restaurant at any time. If there are only 5 tables, either they will leave out some of the dishes or they will have difficulty keeping them at the right cooking level.

It can be a great style of restaurant, especially for big parties as timing is easier to deal with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Rio Rodizio in Ranelagh would probably be the closest. Had a good chat with the owner and she explained that it's more aimed at locals than Brazilians, which is why they were missing a few things like beans. That may have changed since the last time I was there. The actual BBQ was excellent and more than made up for this.

A bit further afield but I was in a nice one in London with a full buffet of sides, including my weakness banana frita. :o

I went to Brazil (Rio Grande do Sul) a few years with the missus and had totally underestimated the amount of times we would eat bbq. I was sick of it by the end. Everyone we visited had to show me their fire pit! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

For general Brazilian hot food (incl. steaks), we're liking Fusion Grill on North Lotts recently. They used to be in the Epicurean Food Hall next door. They do an all you can eat buffet for 10 with a drink. Always left Taste of Brasil (Parliament St) a bit disappointed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Don't go near Rio anyway, just ask a Brazilian.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

Taste of Brazil gets short shrift with any Brazilian I know that has eaten there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

Rio in Ranelagh is truly excellent. I would highly recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭whiz

There is a restaurant called Banana Grill in Templebar, they do an all you can eat Brazilian buffet at the weekend, anybody got experience of this ?

My other question is the Brazilian restaurant in Moore street mall , Is this like a takeaway ?

Thanks for responses so far

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Rainmann

RasTa wrote: »
    Don't go near Rio anyway, just ask a Brazilian.

Why? I thought it was great. My girlfriend is from Sao Paulo and she loved it too.. Also I have been to Brazil and had my fair share of Brazilian BBQ's and Rio is up there..

Advertisement