Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seasonal fisheries officers positions

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭pheasant tail

There is also a separate panel for research staff of anyone's interested, can't get the link posted as I'm on my phone

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

There is also a separate panel for research staff of anyone's interested, can't get the link posted as I'm on my phone

http://www.fisheriesireland.ie/Notices/recruitment-notice-temporary-research-staff-2.html

• Registered Users Posts: 40 ColmEm

Anyone have experience of these positions?

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭pheasant tail

ColmEm wrote: »
    Anyone have experience of these positions?

I don't know your background but therel definetly be some new openings for the FO contracts as they took on 11 permanent positions at the end of last year

Thanks pheasant tail. As with all things IFI I expect there's an inequality if you're not a member of one of the prominent trout clubs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Thanks pheasant tail. As with all things IFI I expect there's an inequality if you're not a member of one of the prominent trout clubs.

You expect wrong. If you're interested in the positions, please do apply - I know for a fact the selection process is very fair. In fact I know of 3 avid pike anglers who wouldn't be shy about voicing their opinions who were recruited in recent years. I can only think of one who was a member of a "prominent" trout club.

It was a wee bit tongue in cheek. I don't expect a public body could get away with that anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

It was a wee bit tongue in cheek. I don't expect a public body could get away with that anymore.
    are you mad???the IFI get away with slaughter of thousands of fish every year!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

are you mad???the IFI get away with slaughter of thousands of fish every year!!

There's already another thread to discuss that assertion. This is discussing current positions in the IFI. Let's keep it that way.

Advertisement