Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving house/schools etc - looking for advice

Options
  • 14-02-2017 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

We are moving house in the next few months, end of April more than likely. I have one child in SI and one in preschool (he's not really an issue) but I'm looking for any tips or advice on helping the SI come around to moving schools?
    Has any one moved mid year? As it stands my options would be start them in their new schools after the Easter holidays, or, commute to the old school for the remainder of the year and start afresh in September?
    We are moving far enough that they will need to change schools but not too far that they can't keep in touch with their friends, who they do after school activities with anyway. I'm yet to discuss it with the teachers until we have a more finalised timeline but I'm just looking for anyone who's been in a similar position?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I would make as little a deal as possible about it, concentrate on the positives and tell him he can write to his old friends,build on the excitement.
    Personally I would move him mid year so he has time to make friends before the summer holidays.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Easttoeastish

Moonbeam wrote: »
    I would make as little a deal as possible about it, concentrate on the positives and tell him he can write to his old friends,build on the excitement.
    Personally I would move him mid year so he has time to make friends before the summer holidays.

Thanks, that's what I'm thinking at the moment. Or it could be a long summer with no friends.

Advertisement