Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

transfer apps.

Options
  • 14-02-2017 11:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭

I have a few paid apps on my iphone. I am thinking of getting an ipad. Can I load these apps on my ipad for free or are the one payment one device?:confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

UrbanFret wrote: »
    I have a few paid apps on my iphone. I am thinking of getting an ipad. Can I load these apps on my ipad for free or are the one payment one device?:confused:

Yes. If they're iPhone only apps you just have to filter by iPhone only, they'll open in a magnified view. Most apps nowadays have an native iPad version. All your App should appear in the purchases section of the App Store.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

5uspect wrote: »
    Yes. If they're iPhone only apps you just have to filter by iPhone only, they'll open in a magnified view. Most apps nowadays have an native iPad version. All your App should appear in the purchases section of the App Store.

So I just need to select the app in the purchased section of the app store and install it on the ipad?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

UrbanFret wrote: »
    So I just need to select the app in the purchased section of the app store and install it on the ipad?

That's it. Or just download it from the app page in the App Store. The purchase button will be replaced by a download button.

When you first turn on the iPad you'll be asked to sign into iCloud. This associates it with your purchases (and free apps). Heck you can even use an iCloud backup to mirror your phone.

If you've got family members also on iOS you should check out Family sharing too.

5uspect wrote: »
    That's it. Or just download it from the app page in the App Store. The purchase button will be replaced by a download button.

When you first turn on the iPad you'll be asked to sign into iCloud. This associates it with your purchases (and free apps). Heck you can even use an iCloud backup to mirror your phone.

If you've got family members also on iOS you should check out Family sharing too.

Super. that's very reassuring to know. Should be able to get that done.
    Thanks again.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭MillField

Once you've paid for them with your Apple ID you're free to use them on any device signed into that account. :)

• Advertisement

Went like a dream . Thanks to all who replied.

Advertisement