Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More rights for tenants living with landlords

Options
  • 15-02-2017 7:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭

In the times today I see people calling for more rights for tenants residing with landlords. I think this will be a similar move to the bedsit move. People will not want to rent out rooms as much and lead further to rental prices hikes and homelessness.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

In the times today I see people calling for more rights for tenants residing with landlords. I think this will be a similar move to the bedsit move. People will not want to rent out rooms as much and lead further to rental prices hikes and homelessness.

They're licensees not tenants but you're right that will be the end of rent a room.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Barely Hedged

No, you see the spokesperson for Threshold saying it I.e. a spokesperson for an interest group saying something biased towards their special interests.

It's a nonsense statement that would fall at the first hurdle, but sure he has to say something

• Registered Users Posts: 31,080 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

This is important because when rooms are not rented there is a loss of effective housing capacity.

Totally different from landlords selling to new owner occupiers where the reduction in rental supply is matched by pro-rata reduction in demand.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭hytrogen

This truly is the era to be known as the bastardisation of the Irish property market.
    First they appeased the squatters rights brigade, then they capped rental rates to below the subprime mortgage projected inflationary rates without any recourse of the paradox that is insuing in our society.
    And now they go after the honourable home owners club with the spare room.. just because!
    Justifies the term "give them an inch and they'll take a mile" enough is enough!

Advertisement