Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Pay in Ireland - Workaround

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭flexcon

guys its asking to go for start, basic or plus. Do we need to select any of them????

• Registered Users Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Pick the "start". then upgrade to basic later by putting in any french address.

Pick the "start". then upgrade to basic later by putting in any french address.

Cheers man.

All up and running. Instructions were really clear and easy to follow and look forward to showing off for the next while

Thanking you for taking the time out to write it up and share around!!

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭yrrag1974

Any idea how to set up this on Apple Watch? Apple Pay doesn't show up as an option in the Watch menu, I'm assuming because it isn't live in Ireland yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Pedro32561

yrrag1974 wrote: »
    Any idea how to set up this on Apple Watch? Apple Pay doesn't show up as an option in the Watch menu, I'm assuming because it isn't live in Ireland yet.

For Boon, set your Apple Watch region to France and then add Boon to your watch via the app. Then set your region back to Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭dave oc

You need to change the region on the Apple Watch too to add the card to it. You can change it back after it's added.

Pedro32561 wrote: »
    For Boon, set your Apple Watch region to France and then add Boon to your watch via the app. Then set your region back to Ireland.

Thanks a million!!

Using this past few days, amazing. Some places don't accept this method but do contactless, must be something to do with the backend, but still frightfully cool in real life. Like a kid with a new toy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

worked for me, took a couple of tries to get my apply id working though

flexcon wrote: »
    Using this past few days, amazing. Some places don't accept this method but do contactless, must be something to do with the backend, but still frightfully cool in real life. Like a kid with a new toy.

Have you noticed any trends? Like the type of reader used? Might be handy if we got a list of places that support it going.

• Advertisement

Aay contactless terminal should work - so is it just a case of the cashier afraid of using the phone as a payment method, or is it actually not working at the terminal?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Not sure if its the same but has anyone tried Revolut's Setup Apple Pay feature?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Yeah thats what I was thinking too. Hopeful that it was otherwise, ah well!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭keith_d99

miralize wrote: »
    Not sure if its the same but has anyone tried Revolut's Setup Apple Pay feature?

It doesn't work here ... even if it did I believe it's only as a "Top-up source"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

it's for topping up your Revolut account, I tried to top my Revolut account a few times using the Apple Pay with the Boon account but always fails for me. I contacted them a while back, Revolut said to contact Boon, who said it wasn't possible, I think they said that Revolut wasn't a merchant or something similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

This is an option to top up your Revolut account using Apple Pay.

:pac:

I think that's only for topping up your Revolut.

A week on and it's been working a treat in most shops Ive tried - with the exception of Topaz! Twice I've tried it, in two different locations. Both amounts were sub €5 so it wasn't a big amount. Refused (not authorised) both times, despite having more than enough credit.

Anyone else seeing this?

A week on and it's been working a treat in most shops Ive tried - with the exception of Topaz! Twice I've tried it, in two different locations. Both amounts were sub €5 so it wasn't a big amount. Refused (not authorised) both times, despite having more than enough credit.

Anyone else seeing this?

Yup same issue. Could be to do with the backend somewhere. Doesn't work in McD either

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Exclusive from 9to5Mac that Apple Pay will be officially launching in Ireland tomorrow (March 7th).

https://9to5mac.com/2017/03/06/apple-pay-ireland-launch/

They list just Ulster Bank and KBC as supported but they do say they don't know if they are the only two launching tomorrow. Hopefully it's true.

DubDJ wrote: »
    Exclusive from 9to5Mac that Apple Pay will be officially launching in Ireland tomorrow (March 7th).

https://9to5mac.com/2017/03/06/apple-pay-ireland-launch/

They list just Ulster Bank and KBC as supported but they do say they don't know if they are the only two launching tomorrow. Hopefully it's true.

Confirmed it's live for me, not with those banks though

Doylers wrote: »
    Confirmed it's live for me, not with those banks though

It's live alright and when you go to add a card through the Settings menu it will only accept cards from:

KBC
    Ulster Bank
    Boon (!)

Now how do I switch my boon account from the French one to the irish one??

Nothing live for me yet, never tried setting it up before either. When I open the app it still only prompts me to add passes. No mention of debit cards.

Nothing live for me yet, never tried setting it up before either. When I open the app it still only prompts me to add passes. No mention of debit cards.

Go into Settings - Wallet & Apple Pay - and add in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

When I opened Wallet and clicked on the plus in the top right it gave me the option of Apple Pay set up. Unfortunately I'm with TSB so no Apple Pay for me yet.

All that hard work and they go and launch it on KBC where my main bank is :)

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭dave oc

It's live alright and when you go to add a card through the Settings menu it will only accept cards from:

KBC
    Ulster Bank
    Boon (!)

Now how do I switch my boon account from the French one to the irish one??

Yeah would like to know if anyone else has been able to switch regions with Boon before (for an existing account with them). I've had a look at this already, but an account that is opened is linked to your phone number. So you have to contact them to change the region, which might seem a bit odd to them and they could close the account?

Go into Settings - Wallet & Apple Pay - and add in there.

I'm on the iPhone 7 with the latest update and there's no option in settings for Wallet and Apple Pay. When I open the app it just shows the passes. Tried hard rebooting but nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Change region to U.K. And then add your cards. Once added change back.

Advertisement