Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Pay in Ireland - Workaround

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Boon has launched in Ireland, as of the Apple Pay announcement this week, you no longer need to pretend you live in the UK or France.

So if I have already set up the uk one, just cancel it and set up from new in Ireland??

nava wrote: »
    I tried to change country Was that IOS or android? On IOS when I try to change Country from UK, when I click on country I get message I need to contact customer service to change it.

Yeah it wouldn't let me change it but it's available as an option in the drop down

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

ibFoxer wrote: »
    So if I have already set up the uk one, just cancel it and set up from new in Ireland??
    as far as I know (my bank supports Apple Pay so I just use that), yes. Be sure to spend any money you've topped up your Boon card with before cancelling.

as far as I know (my bank supports Apple Pay so I just use that), yes. Be sure to spend any money you've topped up your Boon card with before cancelling.

Only have the free £5, I think I could lie at the loss of it. I assume I just email them to cancel and wait a couple of days?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Tried boon today and it worked fine. First time using Apple Pay but I can see the appeal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Declined in Topaz today for no reason. Also, if anybody cares, boon support is slow and pretty awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Savman wrote: »
    Declined in Topaz today for no reason. Also, if anybody cares, boon support is slow and pretty awful.

I think Topaz has an issue with contactless payments in general and problems are not specific to Apple Pay only.

Advertisement