Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Gentle Reminder"

Options
  • 15-02-2017 11:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 45

Hi,

I received a text on Monday which was a "gentle reminder" that my eir bill is due.  This is surprising as I have not had an account with you since last April, and in fact am currently involved in a case with ComReg to try and get a refund for €120 that was taken by eir from my account without my permission, so if anyone should be getting passive aggressive reminders it's certainly not me.

I still receive 2 bills monthly from eir by email also, so if you could put a stop to this as well that would be great. 

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Mocadonna wrote: »
    Hi,

I received a text on Monday which was a "gentle reminder" that my eir bill is due.  This is surprising as I have not had an account with you since last April, and in fact am currently involved in a case with ComReg to try and get a refund for €120 that was taken by eir from my account without my permission, so if anyone should be getting passive aggressive reminders it's certainly not me.

I still receive 2 bills monthly from eir by email also, so if you could put a stop to this as well that would be great. 

Thanks.
    Hi Mocadonna,

Thanks for getting in touch. 

Was there account details in this message? Feel free to PM me these and I can take a look into this for you.

Thanks,
    Pamela

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Mocadonna

Thanks Pamela, PM Sent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Thanks Pamela, PM Sent.
    No problem  Mocadonna, I'll be back to you soon.

-Pamela 

Thanks Pamela, PM Sent.
    No problem  Mocadonna, I'll be back to you soon.

-Pamela 
    Hi Folks,

This issue has still not been resolved, and despite you telling me in February that it is "in my best interests" to keep receiving bills for an account that I closed over a year ago, and that the rest of the money you owe me would be with me shortly, this has not happened. And I'm still receiving bills. I am actually trying to close the bank account that the payment is due to go into, so there is a need to hurry this along. 

The customer service I have experienced has been nothing short of shocking and I have not had so much as an apology from anyone in Eir for this in over a year of back and forth. Why only half the refund was issued is still a mystery to me despite asking directly on a number of occasions.

Can somebody please take a look at this and hopefully finally resolve it. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

Hi Mocadonna,

Thanks for getting back to us and I'm sorry to hear this.

Can you please PM me your full name and account number and I will look into this for you?

I do apologise for the inconvenience caused to you.

Thanks,
    Anna

• Advertisement

eir: Anna wrote: »
    Hi Mocadonna,

Can you please PM me your full name and account number and I will look into this for you?

Thanks,
    Anna
    Hi Folks,

Back again! I have received another refund from you for 34 euro at the end of June, however this still leaves me 25 short of the 120 promised.  Can someone explain why this is so?  I've also received another text message from you telling me my bill is due and that a direct debit will be taken. 

Can somebody please look into this and organise a full refund? 

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

eir: Anna wrote: »
    Hi Mocadonna,

Thanks,
    Anna
    Hi Folks,

Back again! I have received another refund from you for 34 euro at the end of June, however this still leaves me 25 short of the 120 promised.  Can someone explain why this is so?  I've also received another text message from you telling me my bill is due and that a direct debit will be taken. 

Can somebody please look into this and organise a full refund? 

Thanks.
    Hi there,

Can you PM me your account number and full name so I can check on this for you please?

- Adam

Hi,

Just to update you on this further, the last PM I received from Adam claims that I am actually not entitled to a refund of 120 euro (a figure provided by Eir in the first place) and that I have received all money owed to me. This is puzzling as all other reps here and over emails to comreg had told me in the past that 120 was the amount I was owed, so either you all have been getting it wrong since October or something has changed in the past week, but now there has also been a sum of 1 cent deducted from my bank account 2 days ago. 

I have asked Adam 3 questions about the first issue in a PM to which I have had no response so far, but if any further money is taken from my account without my permission I will be treating this very seriously indeed.  I have not had any services with you for almost 18 months, and the only reason you still have my account information is that it has been a painfully slow process getting any sort of a refund for the money you wrongfully took in the first place. You have absolutely no right to deduct anything, not even a cent, from my account.

Thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Hi,

Just to update you on this further, the last PM I received from Adam claims that I am actually not entitled to a refund of 120 euro (a figure provided by Eir in the first place) and that I have received all money owed to me. This is puzzling as all other reps here and over emails to comreg had told me in the past that 120 was the amount I was owed, so either you all have been getting it wrong since October or something has changed in the past week, but now there has also been a sum of 1 cent deducted from my bank account 2 days ago. 

I have asked Adam 3 questions about the first issue in a PM to which I have had no response so far, but if any further money is taken from my account without my permission I will be treating this very seriously indeed.  I have not had any services with you for almost 18 months, and the only reason you still have my account information is that it has been a painfully slow process getting any sort of a refund for the money you wrongfully took in the first place. You have absolutely no right to deduct anything, not even a cent, from my account.

Thank you.
    I have responded to your latest PM about this.

- Adam

Advertisement