Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

San Francisco hotek

Options
  • 15-02-2017 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭

Looking to book a hotel in San Francisco but not sure what is the best area - has anybody been and if so what would they recommend - considering Fisherman's Wharf or Union Square?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭xlogo

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭yew_tree

I once stayed in the Clift Hotel on Geary Street, just off Union Square. Great Location and nice hotel even if the rooms are a bit small.

Depends on what you're looking for. I stayed off Union Square, would probably stay in Fisherman's Wharf if I go back. For something different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

San Francisco hotels are expensive. Stayed here
    http://www.hotelnikkosf.com/?_vsrefdom=hotelnikko-ppc&gclid=CjwKEAiAoaXFBRCNhautiPvnqzoSJABzHd6hyO4v9yB6s_yI8xrCEYuPwpATRjkO2OWs9xx4CISqfRoCycPw_wcB

It's fab but not cheap. Got it on hotwire at a discount but it was still more expensive than I'm used to paying in US cities

• Registered Users Posts: 8,019 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Stayed in the Chancellor Hotel just off Union square a few years ago, was fairly reasonable from what I remember and guy at the reception was Irish and really helpful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

I stayed in the Westin St. Francis near Union Square for my honeymoon.

It was a glorious 'old school' hotel with decor out of the late 19th or early 20th century.

The cable car ran down the street towards Fisherman's Wharf. Only tourists get it.

As the hotel was part of a honeymoon package, I can't remember the split price.... but I reckon it was very pricey.

Worth it, though

Stay in Oakland and take the ferry to San Francisco.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,947 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Joined a tour group for a 3 week holiday. We were staying in japan town the night before the tour started. Hotel lovely... location terrible.

I had flown in a couple of days before and stayed in the Chancellor Hotel which I booked myself. The location of chancellor is fantastic, steps from union square..

The prices were reasonable, only because hotels in San Francisco are very expensive,

If going again I would stay there or the Francis Drake, which is across the road from chancellor.

Advertisement