Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Suzuki Alto ABS light

• 15-02-2017 2:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭

Hi , first time poster in this forum! My wife owns a Suzuki Alto 2011 that is showing a light on the dash for the ABS. There doesn't seem to anything wrong with the car when driving and when she brought it for a pre NCT at our local garage, the mechanic said it would pass no problem if we could get the light off but the diagnostic wasn't showing anything. Brought it down to a Suzuki dealership and they say the brakes are completely gone and its 2 grand to fix ? Anyone had this issue before?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Impossible to tell without seeing the car, could be that the brakes are all worn and rusted solid, could be as simple as the tone ring is damaged.

If you're not happy with the first garage, get a second opinion and ask them to show you exactly what's wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 billunnee

how do the brakes feel when driving? I don't believe brakes are completely gone, and 2k I'd never go back to that dealer again, I had a problem with abs light before, the problem was front wheel sensor, theres 4 of them so you'd need to narrow it down, or Cian Ryan could be right and it could be damaged tone ring, sensors and tone rings tend to get damaged when cv joints are replaced and mechanic doesn't take care while replacing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

The reason I say tone ring is because it's the same as a Nissan Pixo (I'm a Nissan tech) and I've seen more than a few tone rings damaged and causing ABS faults.

I'd say they've had someone else look at it by now anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 billunnee

[quote="CianRyan;

I'd say they've had someone else look at it by now anyway.[/quote]

Hopefully op got problem sorted, be nice if he updated the forum so anyone else with same problem has solution

Best of luck

Advertisement