Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting around Dublin city

• 15-02-2017 3:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Howya,
    I am coming back to Dublin city to work and I am looking for accommodation.
    Where are some nice spots to rent. It has been a while and I have no idea where to start.
    My current contract is a year and I don't drive so I need access to public transport.
    I appreciate any suggestions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 LadyFighter

Have you looked online at prices? Dublin has gotten vary expensive. Is there a price bracket you are looking for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

Also, where do you need public transport to? Being on either the Luas or Dart lines bumps prices up, so you might be talking taking the bus.

If you give us your budget, the type of accommodation you're seeking and roughly where your work is, we'll be better placed to advise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Rent a room in the north city suburbs. Killbarrack, Donaghmede etc. The areas have a bad rep but are completely fine, in fact some areas are positively lovely, but that helps keep the prices down. DART line for public transport and the area are well served by supermarkets in walking distance.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭wildchild247

I'm on a budget, I'd say  500-600 max but I am willing to share as I will only be back for a year. What websites are popular nowadays/

I'm on a budget, I'd say 500-600 max but I am willing to share as I will only be back for a year. What websites are popular nowadays/

Daft.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭wildchild247

thanks for the replies. Is it worth looking into shared accommodation in Dublin city? I don't want to commute too far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

thanks for the replies. Is it worth looking into shared accommodation in Dublin city? I don't want to commute too far.

With your budget, shared accommodation is your only option. I beds in the city for less than €1k are basically unicorns.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

even 500 for sharing will get you very little in a nice part of dublin.

€500 will get you something decent in the North suburbs if you look carefully. It will be plus bills though.

Edit: http://www.daft.ie/dublin/house-share/kilbarrack/76-swans-nest-avenue-kilbarrack-dublin-922229/

Swans Nest can be a bit more lively but it's grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 telpis

I know someone who puts their add on facebook (they rent one room in the clontarf area)

• Advertisement
Advertisement