Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garcia v Thurman 4th March

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭SHOVELLER

Half way there and have Thurman up 4-2.

First round CBS didnt go to ads which is good as we can get to hear the cornermen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Round 7 for Thurman.

6-3 Thurman, not great for my Garcia bet. :o

Thurman's to lose now. He's the busier fighter.

Garcia needs a ko.

Garcia round there for me, 7-4 Thurman. Garcia needs a KO.

• Advertisement

115-113 Thurman for me, my card looks a little close though I think Thurman would be a clear enough winner, Garcia had a strong finish but too late.

The right decision but a split decision? Dont see that.

SHOVELLER wrote: »
    The right decision but a split decision? Dont see that.

Yeah I don't see how anyone could have given it to Garcia, 116-112 / 115-113 seemed about right to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,599 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Going to catch this fight later. Great/good or ok?

Undercard any use?

walshb wrote: »
    Going to catch this fight later. Great/good or ok?

Undercard any use?

Was only okay, started out very good and looked like it might be a classic after the first couple but then it calmed down. It always felt like Thurman was in control of the fight but it felt like he took some rounds off and made it bit closer than the scorecards than it suggests. Thurman looked spectacular in parts and Garcia looked very ordinary. Thurmans corner made a mistake imo in the 10th telling him the fight was basically over and he took rounds 11 and 12 off which was a bit risky. The better man definitely won though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

Not a great fight... average. There just seems to be something missing with Danny. No sense of urgency. Too laid back.

Danny's feet always looked like they were loaded. Not a bad mover on the backfoot, but very cumbersome moving forward. I like his style, but he seems somewhat limited..

Khan would again lose by KO, and probably earlier too. Danny would likely have no hesitancy in letting the hands go, and he has that raw power.

Thurman would annihilate Khan, and I reckon he'd beat Manny too. He has powerful fast hands. He stops Khan and Manny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,928 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

walshb wrote: »
    Danny's feet always looked like they were loaded. Not a bad mover on the backfoot, but very cumbersome moving forward. I like his style, but he seems somewhat limited..

Khan would again lose by KO, and probably earlier too. Danny would likely have no hesitancy in letting the hands go, and he has that raw power.

Thurman would annihilate Khan, and I reckon he'd beat Manny too. He has powerful fast hands. He stops Khan and Manny.

Some people are now saying Thurman's power is overrated, but that's overlooking the fact Garcia can really take a punch. Thurman, i think, would also stop Brook late on if they fought.

Some people are now saying Thurman's power is overrated, but that's overlooking the fact Garcia can really take a punch. Thurman, i think, would also stop Brook late on if they fought.

Brook would be a sitting duck for Thurman's power shots. I'd really fancy Thurman early..

Advertisement