Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open work permit for Canada?

Options
  • 15-02-2017 5:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭

Hi Guys so I am in the middle of obtaining the IEC visa and got the invite to apply today and submit my documents. I am hoping to travel with a friend of mine from Estonia who also applied for the same visa but appears to be a lot more difficult to get as they don't offer the same amount to Estonian citizens, (she has been in the pools for 5 months at this stage) she looked at some other visas and got the invite to apply for an open work permit, does anyone know how likely it would be for her to get this? (She has no criminal record, good employment history, University Degree and lived in Ireland for 6 years) Would this type of visa allow her to work in any field she wishes? Any information about this would be great as it's not very clear online

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

How did she get an invite to apply for an open work permit?

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭MojoRisinnnn

She filled out an assessment on the CIC site and she got the message that she may be able to apply under the open work permit, then she is now given 60 days to submit all her information and pee her fees but it's a bit unclear regarding what the permit will allow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

She filled out an assessment on the CIC site and she got the message that she may be able to apply under the open work permit, then she is now given 60 days to submit all her information and pee her fees but it's a bit unclear regarding what the permit will allow.

She must have made an error in the assesment. Open work permits are only given out in limited circumstances (IEC program being one)

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=177&top=17

Advertisement