Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Boonen appreciation thread

Options
  • 15-02-2017 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭

Without going overboard on the man-love, and conscious that the spring classics are nearly upon us, I think it's time for a Tommeke appreciation thread.

I knew that he was finishing up this year, but what escaped my attention was that Paris Roubaix is his very last race, so he is stopping in a very short time indeed - in just over 7 weeks time. It should be quite an emotional day for him "I really want to stop at the track in Roubaix, even if the result is not there, It was where I was born as a rider and is where I will stop as a rider."

I always seemed to favour Cancellara over Boonen in the big races, but I'm sure that we will be missing him next year at least as much as Cancellara this year. In any case, I've really grown to admire him in recent years

So post up pics, anecdotes, whatever and we will hopefully enjoy the last few opportunities to watch him compete over coming weeks.

A nice write up on his esponse to the crash yesterday in Oman is here http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/boonen-i-wont-cruise-in-the-peloton-trying-not-to-crash/

20102822_127859_670.jpg

Comments

Advertisement