Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BE Test

• 15-02-2017 5:50pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

I am looking to do the BE Test to tow a Twin axle Box Body Trailer where the combined weight over Vehicle and Trailer is over 3500kgs.

Does anyone have any experience of the Test and what is involved? is it essentially a B Licence Driving test, but with towing the Trailer?

Many Thanks,
    TRB

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Jenny Mcquillan

Hi, there. I have never crossed a BE test, but I have many experience of Category B driving test. Of course, preparing for rules check questions and driving skills is crucial. Beside that i seriously suggest you have a qualified BE driving instructor from local biggest driving school and go 4 pre-test driving lessons with him plus one lesson before your driving test. He can bring you to the test and maybe also wait until your finish your driving test. This can make significant different result for your driving test.I am not sure it will work in your town. Best of Luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

May I suggest that you do a quick 'search' of this forum. BE lessons and test have been discussed here many many times. In fact it should be made a 'sticky' at this stage!

I considered doing the BE test in 2013/2014 but in the end I opted for the CE test..I already had category C and I wished to have the option of driving category C1E vehicle combinations. Best of luck.

Advertisement