Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FO won't sign off

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

I'd talk to your NGB first free-2-flow, see if they can talk to the FPU about it. But yeah, I'd withdraw the application if he's not going to budge rather than have the expiry limit run out and have a refusal on my record for the next incorrectly trained official I encounter to have fun asking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Free-2-Flow

Sparks wrote:
    I'd talk to your NGB first free-2-flow, see if they can talk to the FPU about it. But yeah, I'd withdraw the application if he's not going to budge rather than have the expiry limit run out and have a refusal on my record for the next incorrectly trained official I encounter to have fun asking about.

Have never went that road before, NGB and in National Governing Body?

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Captainaxiom

Remember it's only classed as a refusal if it's actually imputed on the system and the 90days pass. If it's sitting on a desk waiting to be imputed the 90 day clock hasn't even started.
    Just a tiny flaw in the current system.

Have never went that road before, NGB and in National Governing Body?
    Yes. So NARGC for you maybe? Or possibly WDAI?

Remember it's only classed as a refusal if it's actually imputed on the system and the 90days pass. If it's sitting on a desk waiting to be imputed the 90 day clock hasn't even started.
    Just a tiny flaw in the current system.

That's kindof a small fiction we've been going along with to be honest.
    The clock *actually* starts ticking when you hand over the signed and dated application form.
    In cases where the Super's left it go long because of workload and is going to grant, there's never been a huge point in going to court over it (what would the court do, order him to grant what he's willing to grant already?).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Captainaxiom

Sparks wrote: »
    That's kindof a small fiction we've been going along with to be honest.
    The clock *actually* starts ticking when you hand over the signed and dated application form.
    In cases where the Super's left it go long because of workload and is going to grant, there's never been a huge point in going to court over it (what would the court do, order him to grant what he's willing to grant already?).

Having had experience of the court route it goes off the date when entered on the Garda system. Sitting in your local stations "to do tray" doesn't count.
    If it was the date handed in how do you prove it when no receipt is given. You could also back date the signature effectively shortening the 90 day period.

Now if you sent it via registered post I'm sure you could argue that point.

Not arguing here just highlighting ONE of the many flaws in the system that needs addressing. I believe there should be a receipt section on the form which is signed and stamped when you submit the application much like the system they use for the age card applications.

how do you prove it when no receipt is given
    If I'm sending mine in by post rather than meeting the FO, I do it by registered post. And if I'm meeting the FO, I have an appointment and keep note of the date.
    I've never had a major problem with FCA1s (though I've had some fun stories about europasses), but you hear enough horror stories, you start to take notes...

So I was on to him again and mentioned about my expiry date and will it be classed as a refusal and he was very quick to say "No, No, No".

He said bring me the letter that you receive from the NPWS stating you have applied and then we will talk.

Fair enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

So I was on to him again and mentioned about my expiry date and will it be classed as a refusal and he was very quick to say "No, No, No".

He said bring me the letter that you receive from the NPWS stating you have applied and then we will talk.

Fair enough.

Sounds more like the FO not processing your application to be honest.

BattleCorp wrote:
    Sounds more like the FO not processing your application to be honest.

The truth of it is that he is not processing my license until I have a current Deer hunting permit in hand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭viper123

The truth of it is that he is not processing my license until I have a current Deer hunting permit in hand.

That I would have a problem with. There is no reason why they cant approve in principle pending receipt of deer permit. What above means is come August you're then waiting three months or so for the possibility of a refusal.

Advertisement