Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bray Town Centre | Pizarro Developments

• 15-02-2017 6:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,083 ✭✭✭

What's the likelihood of this or a scaled down version getting off the ground?
    http://www.braytowncentre.com/index.html
    Would it compliment the Florentine development or would it be overkill for Bray?
    Traffic would chaotic I would imagine, unless improved dramatically.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,026 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

they're building schools on the old golf course at the moment - is that a different part of the site?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,083 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

loyatemu wrote: »
    they're building schools on the old golf course at the moment - is that a different part of the site?

If you zoom into the not very high rez image under development / site master plan, there is a section marked future school grounds, which looks like it's almost in the center of the site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,095 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    What's the likelihood of this or a scaled down version getting off the ground?
    http://www.braytowncentre.com/index.html
    Would it compliment the Florentine development or would it be overkill for Bray?
    Traffic would chaotic I would imagine, unless improved dramatically.

Not sure

But the town development plan is being discussed at the moment. I expect there to be some rows with some councillors and SWAP over zoning.

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/216/586/745/save-natures-safety-net-save-our-floodplain/?z00m=28051020&redirectID=2328727158

http://www.braywatch.com/index.html

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,026 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

4000 car park spaces - I see trouble ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

I'll be amazed if any of this ever sees the light of day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,474 ✭✭✭✭Alun

keano_afc wrote: »
    I'll be amazed if any of this ever sees the light of day.
    I thought this project was dead and buried anyway? I've not heard a thing about it since 2008-9 or thereabouts when it was first announced. They got planning permission back then, but I assume that would have lapsed by now?

Alun wrote: »
    I thought this project was dead and buried anyway? I've not heard a thing about it since 2008-9 or thereabouts when it was first announced. They got planning permission back then, but I assume that would have lapsed by now?

I don't think it is fully dead and buried. They could still come back with more proposals.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,528 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I don't think it is fully dead and buried. They could still come back with more proposals.

Who is 'They'?

Aren't Pizzaro out of it now as they're gone and the land is now owned by Nama?

Wouldn't new developers be required.

Would be great to see it get up and running again.

It would be nice.

I wouldn't be holding my breath though!

Good to see the schools being built on the golf course. Am I right to assume one of them is the currently homeless/transient Bray Educate Together? I just know they were looking for part of Thomas's last year, but thankfully was said to be unsuitable, for both the school and the college.

It would be nice.

I wouldn't be holding my breath though!

Good to see the schools being built on the golf course. Am I right to assume one of them is the currently homeless/transient Bray Educate Together? I just know they were looking for part of Thomas's last year, but thankfully was said to be unsuitable, for both the school and the college.

It is Colaiste Raithin and Ravenswell moving in there. I dont know where ET is going.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Is the ET school not up in the grounds of Pres?

I think its a temporary site

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,528 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

They're using the old Junior School building.

It has to be a temporary solution.

I think its a temporary site

Indeed it is, temporary.

Advertisement