Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Black pudding + other Irish stuff

Options
  • 15-02-2017 6:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭

I'm off traveling for 6 months in 2 weeks so sucking up everything Irish before I go.

Anything better than Kelly's around Dublin atm?

No to Clonakilty and the supermarket stuff.

I heard Kanturk's is nice but not paying that much for delivery.

Not sure what else I should be looking to eat, I'll most likely be meat free for the next 6 months.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭arian

Butcher's, rather than industrial.

Depends where your great heights are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Dublin.

Brady's and FXB's have Kelly's. I might just pop up to Sutton to get something from Higgins.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I'd be having a heap of sausage sandwiches on Brennan's white pan, toasted on one side only - for memories to live off :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,777 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

RasTa wrote: »
    ...I'll most likely be meat free for the next 6 months.

Nooooo!!!!! That's rough!

I've no idea where you'd get it in Dublin (would love to know myself) but Annascaul pudding is fantastic - black & white.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Ashes in Annascaul top class

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 Turtle001

Now it's not Irish (shame on me) but Stornoway black pudding is superb also.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭lenscap

vicwatson wrote: »
    Ashes in Annascaul top class
    +1

• Registered Users Posts: 17,039 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I'd say you might find Mc Carthy's Kanturk pudding in the likes of Fallon & Byrne.

It's a firm, meaty textured pudding unlike the loose Clonakilty or soft Annascaul (both of which I like).

Mc Carthy's is one of my favourites.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,662 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

For black pudding around Dublin I would highly recommend Hugh Maguire butchers in Ashbourne. His black pudding has won a stack of awards and is used by many restaurants. It is melt in the mouth stuffnd a well worth taking a spin to Ashbourne to stock up.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

De Róiste's or Jack MCarthy's from Cork are both great. Inch House is another good option

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donal55

Kellys of Newport if you're in the west. You can't beat it.

Advertisement