Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wifi - up and down

Options
  • 15-02-2017 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,647 ✭✭✭

Anybody got any suggestions. My wifi keeps dropping in and out for some reason. Wired connection is working great. In particular wifi wont work on iphone for apps like You Tube but will open Facebook.

its driving me scatty..... tried resetting and all the usual things but its head wreaking.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

Glebee wrote: »
    Anybody got any suggestions. My wifi keeps dropping in and out for some reason. Wired connection is working great. In particular wifi wont work on iphone for apps like You Tube but will open Facebook.

its driving me scatty..... tried resetting and all the usual things but its head wreaking.
    It's possible that you have interference from other wifi networks. You may need to change channel on the router.

Are there issues with wifi on other devices or just your iPhone?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,647 ✭✭✭Glebee

It's possible that you have interference from other wifi networks. You may need to change channel on the router.

Are there issues with wifi on other devices or just your iPhone?
    Current devices are Iphone 4s, Iphone 5, Iphone 6SE, Ipad and a few android devices.

It seems to be the same with them all. Wifi drops intermittently to 3G and then back to wifi. Then wifi says its connected but apps (in particular you tube) wont run saying no internet connection even though the wifi signal is up on the device.

You could be watching something on Netflix perfect, go to switch to You Tube and it wont work, back toNetflix and its working.

The wired connection is great with pings of 10ms and download speed of around 40Mbps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Hi  Glebee,

Thanks for getting in touch. 

There are so so many reasons issues that can affect WiFi signal such as distance of your device from the modem, thickness of walls WiFi has to travel through and of course multiple device usage/streaming/downloading. I would recommend speaking with technical support here or on 1890260260 to get the best support on this.

Thanks,
    Pamela 

Hi  Glebee,

There are so so many reasons issues that can affect WiFi signal such as distance of your device from the modem, thickness of walls WiFi has to travel through and of course multiple device usage/streaming/downloading. I would recommend speaking with technical support here or on 1890260260 to get the best support on this.

Thanks,
    Pamela 
    Thanks Pam,

Only seems to be an issue with Apple devices which is strange...

Hi  Glebee,

Thanks,
    Pamela 
    Thanks Pam,

Only seems to be an issue with Apple devices which is strange...
    That is quite strange  Glebee.:rolleyes: 
    Let me know how you get on or if you need any further assistance please do let me know.

Thanks,
    Pamela 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭BoycieIRL

Glebee,
    Have you tried disabling IPV6 on the modem.
    I had a similar issue where some devices appeared  to have difficulty making a wireless connection while othere were working fine, disabled IPV6 and the issue resolved itself they all connected perfectly.
    Might be worth a try.

BoycieIRL wrote: »
    Glebee,
    I had a similar issue where some devices appeared  to have difficulty making a wireless connection while othere were working fine, disabled IPV6 and the issue resolved itself they all connected perfectly.
    Might be worth a try.
    Thanks  BoycieIRL, I'll take note of that.:D

-Pamela 

BoycieIRL wrote: »
    Glebee,
    Might be worth a try.
    Cheers for the tip, been onto the help desk who said they were making changes to setting but its still the same problems with various apple devices. Is disabling the IPV6 a big job??

Advertisement