Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VHI Women's Mini Marathon 5th June

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

What did people think of the race yesterday? I enjoyed the reverse route. The only thing is at the first corner I found it got very congested but after that it was fine for me. Did anyone else find them stricter with the pens and coloured bibs this year? I was in the pink pen early and seen a few people being asked to leave the pink and white areas with the incorrect bibs.
    The area immediately after the finish line was much longer, I thought I had missed the part where you get your medal. I guess they needed more space for health and safety with finishers hanging about.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Shadow1983

Will be on Sunday next year.

I'd much prefer that, I think a lot more people would do it on a Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭messy tessy

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    Did anyone else find them stricter with the pens and coloured bibs this year? I was in the pink pen early and seen a few people being asked to leave the pink and white areas with the incorrect bibs

I was in the middle section of the pink pen and Tbh the amount of people that were walking in the first km alone was unbelievable. I can't understand why people sign up as a jogger and then start walking within the first ten minutes... rant over!

That was my only complaint, other than that I really enjoyed the race and will be aiming to do much better in next year's race! :D

Will be on Sunday next year.
    Would prefer this too. At least we can have a few to celebrate and relax and recover on Mon.
    Instead of yesterday evening which was get lunches and uniforms ready when I got home and enjoyed just one glass of wine with my takeaway. Tired in work today.

Results are up online!!! :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement