Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looking for info on Log house planning and build

Options
  • 15-02-2017 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hey folks.. I am looking for any info on people who have built and are now living in a log house... Any info on planning and the build itself would be greatly appreciated... Myself and herself want to buy a plot of land and put a log house on it in the coming year or so... thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,419 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Lots on this forum about it, use google advanced search with boards.ie as the domain.

:Planning not always a slam dunk: what county?

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭brianh576

Co Meath.. have you the link to the forum @calahonda52

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,333 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

brianh576 wrote: »
    Hey folks.. I am looking for any info on people who have built and are now living in a log house... Any info on planning and the build itself would be greatly appreciated... Myself and herself want to buy a plot of land and put a log house on it in the coming year or so... thanks in advance

Forget about planning for a minute.

Have you got a link to a supplier of this log house that complies with our building regulations?

Now, if your thinking of building a standard house, but cladding it like a log cabin that's a different issue.

Search. I can guarantee you will not get planning, and it will,not get built if it's a log cabin as sold on Facebook and the likes.
    brianh576 wrote: »
    Co Meath.. have you the link to the forum @calahonda52

Your currently posting in it.

Advertisement