Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lough Ramor

Options
  • 15-02-2017 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Sick of blanking in Dublin so looking to head up to Lough Ramor on the weekend for some pike fishing. I don't have a boat and can't find anything online about rental prices; does anyone here know?

Is bank fishing any use here? Is there still decent pike being caught here or has it been destroyed?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭pheasant tail

You will get it very difficult to get a place to fish at all around Ramor boat pool at the moment, night and day! It would be no comfort fishing there at all at the moment. I'd go further a field into Cavan if I was you when you are down this far

• Registered Users Posts: 47 bigjohn17

Why is that?

I assumed you meant fishing the pier at Ramor for pike? If so it will be very busy over the weekend and even at night. You'll have any amount of space if you just want to fish other parts of the lake

I assumed you meant fishing the pier at Ramor for pike? If so it will be very busy over the weekend and even at night. You'll have any amount of space if you just want to fish other parts of the lake

Ahh right, does it be that busy all year round? Thinking of trying one of the smaller lakes around the Virginia area.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

ye the pier does be busy all year round.first time i fished it i got there at half 6, sorted i taught nobody here, come half 7 the place was packed. you'd be better off tryin ramor earlier in the season before it gets to pressurized. theres plenty of lakes in cavan to fish, some have been hit hard by poachers so if u got a bit of local knowledge it might help. In sayin that tho, there'll still be pike in them just not as much. its coming up to spawning time soon so the pike may be gettin a it finicky anyway.

• Advertisement

bigjohn17 wrote: »

Ahh right, does it be that busy all year round? Thinking of trying one of the smaller lakes around the Virginia area.
    No but there wouldn't be much point fishing that area once it gets warmer. Your right, go off the beaten track and your spoilt for choice, most lakes haven't been hit near as bad as people generally make out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭twin_beacon

No but there wouldn't be much point fishing that area once it gets warmer. Your right, go off the beaten track and your spoilt for choice, most lakes haven't been hit near as bad as people generally make out

exactly, once you head off the beaten track with no easy road access you will usually be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

theres jacks in the canals in kildare, if ur not lookin to blank, try wobbling a Small roach, id be surprised if u didnt pick up one!!

theres jacks in the canals in kildare, if ur not lookin to blank, try wobbling a Small roach, id be surprised if u didnt pick up one!!

Was going to try the canals around Kildare but a huge amount of poaching goes on along the canals I'm always seeing it (around outer dublin anyway)

Advertisement