Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway mortgage broker

Options
  • 16-02-2017 10:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭

Hi. Could anyone recommend a mortgage broker in Galway. Looking for someone who doesn't charge a fee. Thanks

Mod note: by pm only as per the forum charter

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Moved to Acc for discussion on whether you should get one at all (many go straight to their bank) and who to use.

You will find some info in this and a recommendation for a member of boards you could contact.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

crazyhorse wrote: »
    Hi. Could anyone recommend a mortgage broker in Galway. Looking for someone who doesn't charge a fee. Thanks

Most don't charge a fee as they get a payment from the bank. But unless you have some really seriously awkward financial setup that you need advise on, I fail to see the benefit. The banks will give you the same advise for free.

You still do all the exact same amount of work, you fill out all the same forms and supply all the same info. It just delays it by a day or two as you post it to the broker who then posts it to the bank.

Just pop into your own bank and have a chat with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭crazyhorse

Most don't charge a fee as they get a payment from the bank. But unless you have some really seriously awkward financial setup that you need advise on, I fail to see the benefit. The banks will give you the same advise for free.

You still do all the exact same amount of work, you fill out all the same forms and supply all the same info. It just delays it by a day or two as you post it to the broker who then posts it to the bank.

Just pop into your own bank and have a chat with them.

Thanks for reply. I have already dealt with my own bank but was considering having a broker do the paperwork with other lenders to save time.

Advertisement