Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booking studio time? Advice?

Options
  • 16-02-2017 10:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭

Hi guys. While I’ve been involved in a few projects over the years, I was never really the guy who booked studio time. Well, I did once, but just on a song by song basis, and in hindsight, I was a bit underprepared in terms of what I wanted the finished sound of the songs to be like.

I was open to anything at the time, which kind of meant some of the ideas were rudderless, so you need a plan too…

So, I’m in Dublin currently, and realise, in theory, I could book some studio time anywhere in the country.

It doesn’t *really* have to be a traditional studio either, but as longs as I could get the best quality recordings with my budget, that would be goal.

Bigger question is, should I get a producer involved before going near a studio, or just go in and record, and self-produce? (to look at vocals, potential arrangements etc)

My plan is to record an EP, 4 songs, do some gigs, either solo, or with whoever I could muster up, human or machine. :). I’m trying to be as realistic as I can.

Advertisement