Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carlingford

Options
  • 16-02-2017 11:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,761 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering what's it like for a Saturday night out, going to a stag there in 4 weeks and have no idea what to expect

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,922 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Just wondering what's it like for a Saturday night out, going to a stag there in 4 weeks and have no idea what to expect

It's mad. Loads of stags and hens every weekend. Good pubs and craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Mad, certainly, verging on the ridiculous of late. I go hiking a lot in the Mournes and we used to call in to Carlingford for something to eat on the way back home to Dublin, but no more.

Alun wrote: »
    Mad, certainly, verging on the ridiculous of late. I go hiking a lot in the Mournes and we used to call in to Carlingford for something to eat on the way back home to Dublin, but no more.

If you're ever stuck then the golfclub in Greenore is very good and they welcome visitors.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,761 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

"Verging on Ridiculous " how so ?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Plenty of places to go for very good food that the stags and hens avoid.

Venture away from the very centre of the village and you'll find plenty. I wonder how many people consider 'Carlingford' to be just PJs and the Hotel.

• Advertisement

"Verging on Ridiculous " how so ?
    When you're trying to have a quiet meal and can barely hear each other speak for the cackling and howling hens surrounding you on all sides. Not to mention the absolutely "hilarious" penis shaped cakes which of course cause the volume of the shrieking and howling up another notch.

If you're ever stuck then the golfclub in Greenore is very good and they welcome visitors.
    Plenty of places to go for very good food that the stags and hens avoid.

Venture away from the very centre of the village and you'll find plenty. I wonder how many people consider 'Carlingford' to be just PJs and the Hotel.
    The thing is we used to make a bit of a detour via Carlingford on the way back as it was such a pleasant place to be after a long days walk, but we discovered that the pub in Hilltown, where we usually meet up and leave a few cars before heading off to the start of our walks does great food too, and has no problem accepting euros either, so we go there now and our eardrums thank us for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Stephen Gawking

Hi, going to be in Drogheda in a few weeks for a night out. Can anyone recommend a pub that does good live music? Anywhere that doesn't play chart music but more rock music. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

I remember Carrick On Shannon when it was a lovely place.Wouldn't take the time to have a wizz in it these days.Unfortunately Carlingford seems to be going a similar road :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Hi, going to be in Drogheda in a few weeks for a night out. Can anyone recommend a pub that does good live music? Anywhere that doesn't play chart music but more rock music. Thanks.

Mcphails

• Advertisement

Had a great weekend in Carlingford, basically had a few pints in each pub and it was great crack

Had a great weekend in Carlingford, basically had a few pints in each pub and it was great crack

Jaysus it must have been brilliant.

Advertisement