Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Please welcome your new moderator

• 16-02-2017 11:52am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Good morning ladies and gentlemen!

Please extend a hearty welcome to looksee - a frequent and valued contributor to A+A, and now, a new moderator hereabouts to help out Dades, Turtwig and myself.

Heaven may not exist, but looksee will do her best to make this little corner of Earth seem like one :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Welcome aboard!

2890fcbb96d2ba5c4264da4347e2d4b3b7e26bc5d2505c7b7c56221735556bd1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,691 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

As the good book says in Proverbs 21:15 When justice is done, it brings joy to the righteous but terror to evildoers. :)

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭moonboy52

Welcome looksee to the mod team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,810 ✭✭✭✭looksee

silverharp wrote: »
    As the good book says in Proverbs 21:15 When justice is done, it brings joy to the righteous but terror to evildoers. :)

I will do my best to spread justice evenly, though terror is fun :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,564 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

I suppose we'll have to looksee how this works out...

I'll get me coat

Scrap the cap!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,348 ✭✭✭nozzferrahhtoo

Hang on hang on...... was this new moderator vetted for Biscuit Preferences before being assigned this task?

I am not posting on a forum moderated by anyone with poor taste in biscuits.

We take our biscuits seriously around here man.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Yikes, hadn't thought of that. And now that you mention it, looksee was not vetted on the thorny question of pizzas and pineapples either. The mod-approval process is starting to look a little shaky :(

Looksee - would you like to declare a position on these?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,810 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Pizza with pineapple definitely. I don't eat biscuits much and I don't eat chocolate at all so Jaffacakes and Oreos are out of the question. However now you have me and are stuck with me (hollow, mocking laugh).

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Pineapple on pizza! Burn the heretic! (and very best of luck in your cat-herding duties)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭pauldla

For shame! Pineapple on pizza is an abomination, I tells ye!

Best of luck with the role, looksee! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭D0NNELLY

Damn tastey abomination

• Registered Users Posts: 14,615 ✭✭✭✭J C

Otacon wrote: »
    Welcome aboard!

2890fcbb96d2ba5c4264da4347e2d4b3b7e26bc5d2505c7b7c56221735556bd1.jpg
    Does this mean that even though Atheists don't believe in God ... they believe in Hell ???:confused:;)

Congrats on your elevation, looksee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,810 ✭✭✭Calibos

For shame Looksee. For Shame!!

Leviticus had this to say regarding Pineapple Pizzas.
    They shall be even an abomination unto you; ye shall not eat of their flesh, but ye shall have their carcases in abomination

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Welcome fellow counsellor to the ministry of love.
    looksee wrote: »
    Pizza with pineapple definitely. I don't eat biscuits much and I don't eat chocolate at all so Jaffacakes and Oreos are out of the question. However now you have me and are stuck with me (hollow, mocking laugh).

Wait wait what? I think boards is broken I can't ban you. Pineapple on pizza is the unforgivable atheist sin. These thoughts you have are impure and need to be purged.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭oldrnwisr

Welcome looksee!

I would wish you congratulations but given the task you've taken on I think commiserations might be more appropriate. Some threads around here make herding cats look like child's play.

Advertisement