Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United vs St Etienne 16/02/17 (20:05)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

jayo26 wrote: »
    Just offering opinions and comments I don't see any health problems there I'm sure it hasn't gone beyond banter but if you feel it has you have my blessing to report it.

I'm not suggesting anything untoward regarding Boards Soccer rules, I just feel like your posturing to get my attention has reached a level beyond what might be considered healthy. I will happily chat to you via DM's if you really want to chat.

Oh fyi the words "double pivot " doesn't qualify as an opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Rod Munch wrote: »
    Goal! Goal Ibrahimovich! Imperious, he sports the VanDyke just like the great artist it is named after, but Zlatan paints a much prettier picture on the field than Anthony ever did on canvas. A true modern great.

HAHHAHAHAHAH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

This failed to even get the normal "pity likes" the first time around, why try again?

You should read up on art.

You cannot comment on things without reading some of the major voices on the subject.

Its OK if you don't understand the reference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Sand wrote: »
    United should be 5 or 6 nil up.

SET have had what, 1 maybe 2 real chances?

The free-kick and penalty for the 1st and 3rd goals should not have been given. 1 0 would have been a fair reflection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Excellent and fully deserved win.Good to see a strong ref who can make the correct calls.

A few lads be off now to have a cry **** over United.Its so unfair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

I'm not suggesting anything untoward regarding Boards Soccer rules, I just feel like your posturing to get my attention has reached a level beyond what might be considered healthy. I will happily chat to you via DM's if you really want to chat.

Oh fyi the words "double pivot " doesn't qualify as an opinion.

I assure you I have no interest in chatting to you anywhere else thanks for the offer we shall leave it at that so and good day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,629 ✭✭✭✭Sand

greendom wrote: »
    The free-kick and penalty for the 1st and 3rd goals should not have been given. 1 0 would have been a fair reflection.

Well, it finished 3-0 in reality. We'll all just have to come to terms with that and heal together.

Rod Munch wrote: »
    You should read up on art.

You cannot comment on things without reading some of the major voices on the subject.

Its OK if you don't understand the reference.

That's actually true, if only everyone would take that advice when it came to topics beyond art.

Whoosh

• Advertisement

jayo26 wrote: »
    I assure you I have no interest in chatting to you anywhere else thanks for the offer we shall leave it at that so and good day.

Shame.

greendom wrote: »

Basti try.. least us not forgot POGBA and MATA missing from 2 and 6 yards respectively

Sand wrote: »
    Well, it finished 3-0 in reality. We'll all just have to come to terms with that and heal together.

OK!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Post all the gifs or memes you want. The irony being nobody cries more than Man Utd Boards when a ref decision goes against their club.

The irony is that when you check your post history and you have tantrum anytime a decision goes against Barca, right or wrong.

Barca v The World attitude.

Basti try.. least us not forgot POGBA and MATA missing from 2 and 6 yards respectively

Well we know United tend to need plenty of chances to score this season. Per for the course

The irony is that when you check your post history and you have tantrum anytime a decision goes against Barca, right or wrong.

Barca v The World attitude.

Are my "tantrums" wrong? If you browse through each post and match it against a video of the decision in question and you decide my post is wrong then please do come back to me. In the meantime I've outlined 2 goals in the Europa League game tonight that came from 2 poor refereeing decisions.

• Advertisement

Are my "tantrums" wrong? If you browse through each post and match it against a video of the decision in question and you decide my post is wrong then please do come back to me. In the meantime I've outlined 2 goals in the Europa League game tonight that came from 2 poor refereeing decisions.

Well your conspiracy theory ones are not proven right are they?.

You can jack it anyway you like the bottom line is that its only your theory and you cant provide any reason as to why you are 100% right.

Even some of Barca supporters have dismissed some of your notions. Need I say more.

Well your conspiracy theory ones are not proven right are they?.

You can jack it anyway you like the bottom line is that its only your theory and you cant provide any reason as to why you are 100% right.

Even some of Barca supporters have dismissed some of your notions. Need I say more.

But other Barcelona fans agree with these notions, so....

And I'm talking about taking each individual decision I raise an issue with an analysing whether the referee made a correct call or not. If you watch enough games you might see a pattern developing in the correlation of incorrect decisions going against one team and benefiting another. If you wish to analyse my grievances one by one that I've raised so far this season so be it, with YouTube and the like it wouldn't be so difficult to do. Otherwise this conversation really can't go beyond what's already been said.

I will leave it there and depart this thread as I fear this is no longer relating back to any games from this evening. Feel free to DM me if needs be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 526 ✭✭✭downwesht

Lucky not to concede.Ref was a little in our favour,about time!Yet again the away support outsings the OT "faithful".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Barca got whoooped by a French team last night. Amarite?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Jayop wrote: »
    Barca got whoooped by a French team last night. Amarite?

Night before last actually.

• Advertisement

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Night before last actually.

Ahh. How silly of me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Those fans standing behind Roy and Glenn must be getting tired.

• How about I watch the match, comment on it occasionally and just not respond to Man Utds Boards so we avoid this nonsense?

That's what I'll do.

Says the person posting only negative bout Utd in a Utd match thread
    ****ing hell

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Says the person posting only negative bout Utd in a Utd match thread
    ****ing hell

What bits of my posts didn't you like? The bits where I said the 1st and 3rd goal were the results of dives? (true). Or the bit where I said Man Utd's midfield were struggling to stop St. Etienne from getting at their back four? (also true). Or, in the spirit of Donald Trump's most avid fans, would you rather not let mere inconveniences like the truth get in the way of your rhetoric?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,371 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Is Trump the new Godwin?

What bits of my posts didn't you like? The bits where I said the 1st and 3rd goal were the results of dives? (true). Or the bit where I said Man Utd's midfield were struggling to stop St. Etienne from getting at their back four? (also true). Or, in the spirit of Donald Trump's most avid fans, would you rather not let mere inconveniences like the truth get in the way of your rhetoric?

Were you not only moaning in the Barcelona thread how it got turned into a united debate. Oh that's right we are doing the same **** here with Barcelona references and inferences.

You put your left foot in, your right foot in and you shake it all about. You do the hoakey coakey twirl around....and see what ****ing side you'll be on tonight

Why are Barca even mentioned here ?
    A spent force and are almost out of the CL after that pathetic performance earlier in the week?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Make Barca great again...

United are well on the way already :)

Were you not only moaning in the Barcelona thread how it got turned into a united debate. Oh that's right we are doing the same **** here with Barcelona references and inferences.

You put your left foot in, your right foot in and you shake it all about. You do the hoakey coakey twirl around....and see what ****ing side you'll be on tonight

If you like I will show you how many times Man Utd Boards referenced Barcelona tonight. How many times Man Utd Boards referenced me personally tonight. And I will show you that my only posts about either of those topics were in response(!) to Man Utd Boards. I think you will find that Man Utd Boards were far more interested in discussing both of those topics tonight than I was. If you want to challenge me on that hit me up with a DM and I will put together the numbers for you along with the content and we'll quickly see who was doing what. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,661 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Not so sure what the main thrusts of AIG's posts were this evening, but one things for certain, the man wants some DM action.

Facile win for United.

• Advertisement

Arghus wrote: »
    Not so sure what the main thrusts of AIG's posts were this evening, but one things for certain, the man wants some DM action.

Facile win for United.

Main ones were about Man Utd not looking at all solid (they weren't) and 2 of their goals coming as the result of dives. After that Man Utd Boards were quick to react and you will see that they brought up Barcelona and myself, rather than actually debate the things about the game their own team was playing in. For the most part I offer to speak to these people via DM so as not to derail the thread (I'm a saint, basically) except for one person who I really just thought wanted some DM action so I was just trying to give that person what I thought they wanted.

Despite all that United will still be in Europe long after Barca have their passport back in the drawer.

• Great to see King Ibra bag 3 goals for Boardchester Utd

Jayop wrote: »
    Despite all that United will still be in Europe long after Barca have their passport back in the drawer.

Well...Sreq Utek has certainly let that one slip past him....

Oh M!ck....it's the Europa League....tranquilo.

Moving goalposts is always the better option

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

'Barca fan' talking about ref decision and diving. Even worse is talking about others fans complaining about Ref decisions when there isn't a bigger conspiracy theorist than the 'Barca fan'.

62494267.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

RobertKK wrote: »
    We were owed a penalty from previous games :p

Still shocked United actually got a penalty, and such a soft one at that. I have lost count (honestly) how many times decisions were not given for blatant penalties. I have given up figuring out referees motives, other than its clearly an

"I am f*cked if I am giving Jose a penalty" line of thought.

And tbh, they are only human and Jose brings a lot of it on himself. Thankfully European referees don't have that bias yet :)

Moving goalposts is always the better option

True. I came to discuss the game but Man Utd Boards has rather taken us on a detour from that. Oh well, maybe another time.

• Well...Sreq Utek has certainly let that one slip past him....

Oh M!ck....it's the Europa League....tranquilo.

It's M!Ck^

As a fan, hopefully Man Utd Boards win the Europa

• Advertisement

True. I came to discuss the game but Man Utd Boards has rather taken us on a detour from that. Oh well, maybe another time.

You did with snide remarks.

United fans are no saints, hell im no saint, but dont shout out loud both ends and expect different results to suit the agenda you are on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,593 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

I find this remark, coming from a poster who has openly admitted to using boards as a way to wind people up, hilarious

:D

You should stick to your use of alternative facts to put the boot into Luis Enrique in the Champions League thread. Amazing that you can call people out saying they are crying after THAT post on Tuesday night

Out of Europe so they can focus all their attention in coming second in a two horse race. #SAD

Not bad for a "Youtube footballer", eh :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

And that was United fans saying that pre season and during the season.

As an aside I'm a big fan of AIG, terrific poster imo.

• Advertisement

And that was United fans saying that pre season and during the season.

As an aside I'm a big fan of AIG, terrific poster imo.

We know why.

We know why.

Can you be more specific about which part of my post you're referring to please? You know why Utd fans were saying that about Zlatan or why I'm a fan of AIG, either way a bit of elaboration would be nice cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Can you be more specific about which part of my post you're referring to please? You know why Utd fans were saying that about Zlatan or why I'm a fan of AIG, either way a bit of elaboration would be nice cheers.

You both troll the boards constantly. I'd imagine thats what he means.

Latter, because ye have lot in common

Harsh words lads, harsh indeed, I refute the troll accusations and I am a bit offended if I'm being honest.

• Advertisement
Advertisement