Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Walk in Wardrobe-Stud wall

Options
  • 16-02-2017 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,

I was wondering if a friendly builder out there could give me a quote on how much is would cost to build a stud wall for a walk in wardrobe. The wall would not go all the way to the ceiling the dimensions and requirements of the wardrobe would be:

-Length 3 meters

-Width 1.8 m

-Height 2.0 M

-Electrics I would need the new wall wired for 4 plugs. No lighting required as there is already down-lighting in this area and it will be open at the top. Using a fully certified electrician.

-Door frame in the 1.8M side.

-How thick would the wall have to be considering it is not going to have the stability of being attached to ceiling joists. But will have 1.5m length*0.61m wide wardrobe attached on the inside)

-How long would this take?

I am open to any other ideas rather than a stud wall but I know that from commercial work that I had done to an office that stud walls tend to be cheaper than glass or other materials for partition wall.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭howyegettinon1

not a builder but should not cost anymore than 200-250 doing it yourself

few lengths of 4x2, box of nail and screws, few sheets of plasterboard and few meters of cabling plus sockets

build the partition, fix it to floor wall and ceiling, run the cables back to a socket close by and throw up the plasterboard and cut in the wall sockets, about a days work if you have everything handy and going at a good pace

costy part would be to plaster it as the lads usually show up in two's and charge for the day - looking at about 200-250 quid here - if you need anywhere else in the house re-plastered or touched up get the use for your money and keep em busy for the day

roughly
    material - about 200
    builder for the day - 150 if your not doing it yourself
    plasterer - 200 - maybe builder plasters might do it himslelf for a 100 quid on a half a day

• Registered Users Posts: 2 DiarmidB

Thanks much appreciated.

Advertisement