Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PARKSIDE 1,300W Wet & Dry Vacuum Cleaner €49.99

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,521 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Anyone have one? Opinion?

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 261 ✭✭caycro

I have one, I never use it as a regular household vacuum but it's great for dirty jobs. Bought it as we were doing a bunch of refurbishments. Also had a leak into the subfloor and it worked a treat to get rid of six inches depth of water.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭mikeoneilly

I have a similar or same parkside vacuum.

They're noisy but good and the blower is handy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭stevek93

When it this Monday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭Alf Stewart.

I have a miele that is on its last legs, in wondering if ths could replace that for our everyday vacuum?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭greasepalm

i would be thinking maybe more of commercial side rather than domestic? does it come with addons or basic head and wand?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭newacc2015

I have a miele that is on its last legs, in wondering if ths could replace that for our everyday vacuum?

I know someone who has one. They are more industrial and awkward than a compact Miele. Honestly I would look out for a Miele on special and buy one again. I have gotten them on special over the years(used for rental properties) and they are amazing for the price you pay (I prefer it in ways to a Dyson, as a Dyson head constantly clogs)

The parkside one is very bulky compared to a Miele.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,339 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

If your after a wet and dry Charles, Henrys brother is worth a look, replaced our 2yr old kaput Miele with it. You can literally eat anything and saved my ass last week when the bathroom flooded due to a faulty ballcock Numatic CVC370-2BL/BK Charles Wet and Dry Bagged Vacuum Cleaner, Blue https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00014AVUY/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_c_api_26hQybWK181RH

Wasn't able to compare the suction to the one above but wet and dry vacums get around an eu law that limits the power of new ordinary dry hoovers.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/africa/times-running-out-to-bag-a-powerful-vacuum-cleaner-theyre-banned-from-next-month-under-new-eu-9684437.html

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,224 ✭✭✭Going Forward

No I have one of these Alf.

They're ok for rough workshop use and good for sucking up water etc for car upholstery cleaning etc.

Head etc IMO wouldn't be any use for carpets etc unless maybe you could attach the Miele hose etc?

Good power in it though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,596 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I have bought so many fad hoovers over a few years and ended up with a 45 pound hoover se71wr02 from Amazon and it would suck the wig off trump from Ireland, mighty yoke

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,042 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Could you use this to hover out ashes from a stove?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭greasepalm

what worries me in removing ash that could be still hot and using plastic better avoid,using the correct tool for the job is safer.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/1200W-Fireplace-Stove-Burner-Vacuum/dp/B00F5X95HQ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭5500

If your looking for one of these for the likes of car upholstery cleaning or even domestic upholstery cleaning it's not really the one for the job so don't waste your time on it if that's what your looking for.

Numatic george is excellent for the above but not cheap, I've used this Vax below myself with very good results

https://www.powercity.ie/?par=40-50-V6131T&pages=1&prod=V6131T&brands=vax&image=

NIMAN wrote: »
    Could you use this to hover out ashes from a stove?

No its plastic.

Get a proper ashbox for that job, no arcing around with cables filters etc

Aldi/Lidl do sell an ash vacuum from time to time, another gimmick, loses suction and has to be emptied after every use!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

No its plastic.

Get a proper ashbox for that job, no arcing around with cables filters etc

Aldi/Lidl do sell an ash vacuum from time to time, another gimmick, loses suction and has to be emptied after every use!

I'll second that. I bought one and they're very messy and get blocked very easily if a small piece of coal or something gets stuck in the end of the hose. It's simpler to take the ashes out in a bucket than have to get the ash vac out each time. I used mine twice and threw it in a skip after that. Pure waste of time and money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

5500 wrote: »
    If your looking for one of these for the likes of car upholstery cleaning or even domestic upholstery cleaning it's not really the one for the job so don't waste your time on it if that's what your looking for

Can you explain why they're not suitable for car upholstery cleaning?

Can you explain why they're not suitable for car upholstery cleaning?

I use it for that and it's perfect.

Granted it doesnt squirt the water on, but it certainly takes it off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭stevek93

Seen one return in lidl today, I would like to know why.

Advertisement